Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

There is a way to get social points beside killing PCs?

Bringslite
Cal
"Everything that that the players see happening in game is distorted by the game's current state. The current state can not be representative of the final state, or the game won't succeed. Repeatedly adjusting to the current state is a downward spiral of cattle-pie."

Where is the well thought out project/application/system wherein the things that you are discussing here (and MANY MORE) can easily be adjusted by changing a value in a spreadsheet? This is 2015.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
Cal
"Everything that that the players see happening in game is distorted by the game's current state. The current state can not be representative of the final state, or the game won't succeed. Repeatedly adjusting to the current state is a downward spiral of cattle-pie."

Where is the well thought out project/application/system wherein the things that you are discussing here (and MANY MORE) can easily be adjusted by changing a value in a spreadsheet? This is 2015.
Changing the values in the hexes was a matter of spreadsheets. Changing almost any value is. Adding more sinks is not. Adding more sinks requires programming changes, which probably have to be undone later, when more things are working as intended, i.e. rooting.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bringslite
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
Cal

Changing the values in the hexes was a matter of spreadsheets. Changing almost any value is. Adding more sinks is not. Adding more sinks requires programming changes, which probably have to be undone later, when more things are working as intended, i.e. rooting.

A sink for gear? That probably IS a value. 1/20 could be 1/10 or 1/15 or whatever they want to try. IMO, All values SHOULD HAVE been coded so that they could play around with numbers and tweak easily. Remember though, I am less than an ignoramus, not a Software Engineer. smile

We are also heading for trouble because there are too many crafters, too few ways to spend coin, and a personal coin faucet that any player can turn on to magically generate coin at will.

Don't even get me started on the fact that we can magically generate x times MORE of EVERYTHING that is loot just by forming a party for PVE. hehe smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Schedim
There was some mistakes made in the basic code IMO, one was that they could not channge the starting durability of gear crafted or dropped.

I can think of several other ways of sinks for durability, but all would need radically changes of game structure.

The magic genereration of party loot … I can see several facets of, the main is perhaps that the party generation of loot is the actual base line and the solo loot drop is an actual reduction of the loot instead… everything is relative and depends on perspective..
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Actually, if instead of everyone in the group getting 100% of the loot, it might be easy to knock that down based on how many people are around. You'd still get more than if you were soloing because you should be killing things a lot faster, but it wouldn't be as crazy as it is now. Maybe keep the unique drops the way they are, like victory markers and such, but take off 10% of everything else for each other member in the party. A full group would mean each member gets 50% of what they would if they killed everything themselves.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Edam
Thorgrim you already get less than you would solo in a group, its just not substantially less. Perhaps the ratio could be tweaked or even bonus rewards introduced that only drop if you are solo (though that goes against the idea of PFO not being a solo game). Also farming with multiple parties of 6 (we regualrly had up to 20 or 30 people in escalations at one stage a couple of months back) maybe needs to be nerfed a touch if the population ever gets to a point that it becomes common again.

I agree that PvP is not the only cause of durability loss, I have chewed through several T2+3 armor, T2+3 sanctified weapons and T2+3 foci and spellbooks over the past few months just chasing structure recipes and so forth.

Basically escalations that are difficult to farm without occasional deaths, drop desirable T3 recipes/spells but do not drop much in the way of coin/consumables/resources will do the trick.
Bringslite
I would like to see a real Boogey Mob. It appears completely randomly at the rate of one max per day. It takes 6 or so T2 +3 players to kill it but it only drops (for sure) a single T3 thingy. Maybe some side loot in it's entourage of mobs.

As for social achieves, how about forming your first party, healing a player from the brink the first time, joining a company, Company joins a settlement. Put some escalation quests in that reward social achievements.

For that matter, build some escalations of Elven settlers, "good" human prospectors, Halfling escaped slave refugee camps, etc… Evil guys need some way to maintain evil.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Yrme
If there are quests for faction advancement, the quests could be social achievements. I'd be fine with some counter for hours (or 10-minute blocks) spent in a party, too.
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
Schedim
Bringslite
I would like to see a real Boogey Mob. It appears completely randomly at the rate of one max per day. It takes 6 or so T3 +3 players to kill it but it only drops (for sure) a single T3 thingy. Maybe some side loot in it's entourage of mobs.

Dragons?
Bringslite
As for social achieves, how about forming your first party, healing a player from the brink the first time, joining a company, Company joins a settlement. Put some escalation quests in that reward social achievements.
This should implemented sooner rather than later, and they should be focusing on being memeber of larger things, not just creating a company, join, exit goto 10. It should punish people like me … hard!
Bringslite
For that matter, build some escalations of Elven settlers, "good" human prospectors, Halfling escaped slave refugee camps, etc… Evil guys need some way to maintain evil.

It should really be done in tandem with a Alignment system, or be open to people with low reputation exclusively, or some similar twist.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
A sink for gear? That probably IS a value. 1/20 could be 1/10 or 1/15 or whatever they want to try. IMO, All values SHOULD HAVE been coded so that they could play around with numbers and tweak easily. Remember though, I am less than an ignoramus, not a Software Engineer. smile

We are also heading for trouble because there are too many crafters, too few ways to spend coin, and a personal coin faucet that any player can turn on to magically generate coin at will.

Don't even get me started on the fact that we can magically generate x times MORE of EVERYTHING that is loot just by forming a party for PVE. hehe smile
Changes to the gear breakdown values is already planned, but not yet implemented. Adding new sinks is very different from adjusting existing ones.

The too-many-crafters issue is self correcting, (Both Tyncale and Stache have gone inactive) and again, requires patience as we wait for the population to balance. New players will not be having DTs, and will not be as inclined to have a crafter alt. Where they do, many will be quite keen to take over existing trained crafters from people that aren't interested any more, or who are only running multiple accounts out of a feeling of necessity. With a larger population, excess crafters will cease to be an issue.

The loot multiplier is minimal, since the core chance gets divided among party members. Mechanically, 6 people having a little better chance of finding something on the bodies than one person is not at particularly unreasonable nor is it necessarily "magically" generating more loot. Two sets of eyes really are better than one.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post