Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Best terrain for dowser node density?

The Eternal Balance
Mountains? Forests? Plains? Where should an aspiring dowser go to get find the greatest node density to clear gates?
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Midnight
I've never noticed a terrain type they aren't in. Because of this, I like flat open places for dowsing so I can see and avoid mobs better.

But when you hit T3 you might have less ability to avoid annoying terrain.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Jokken
It's a hex by hex thing rather than any relationship to terrain type. Some hexes have lots of dowser nodes while others have very few.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Duffy Swiftshadow
Haven't noticed a particular density, but every hex type has dowser nodes and each type has specific Essences.

For the primary hex types:
Mountains/Hills have Antithesis (T1), Seething (T2)
Plains have Ordered (T1), Resonant (T2)
Forests have Esoteric (T1), Anagogic (T2)

I forget what the few swamp hexes have.
Takasi
If you're just trying to grind essence gatherer achievements and don't care about quantity, quality or tier I think the best best is to pick a single, flat tier 1 farmland hex and stay in it for a few hours. Run circles around the hex, make mental notes where the non essence nodes are and avoid them. Having the map up on the side of the screen with current hex selected also helps.
Beltrane
Swamp hexes produce the same as forest
Leader of Marsh Wardens and Steward of Hammerfall
Duffy Swiftshadow
I second the plains idea for going fast, flat and even terrain. You can just run around a cluster of hexes grabbing the sparkles.
The Eternal Balance
Thanks Takasi (and Duffy), your strategy seemed to work well!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post