Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online Investment Update

Decius
Lisa Stevens
They have even hired a real estate firm to start looking for office space for a studio up here in Seattle.
It didn't really hit me until that how small agile Goblinworks really was on the scale of "This is an MMO team".
Tyncale
Tigari
I just hope PFO is able to become the game I've been dying to play. I may not be the person still logging in every day for hours at a time, but I've kept my sub up for most of the time, excluding a low month i had when faith was temporarily lost.
Yeah, I wonder how much Newcorp will deviate from the core mechanics and old blogs. I realize that a lot that was in the blogs still had to be tested wether it was viable (stuff like Blinds, Alignment, Factions, SAD, Fast Travel, Caravans, Inns and such) but the promise of this huge, single-server world, brimming with (localized)Politics, Trade and War is what I am interested in.

And this is what we actually got a good taste of, even though stuff was unfinished, untested and sometimes horribly unbalanced.

This game has been my best social experience in gaming since my first few years in Everquest back in '99 when mmo's were new. So there's some pretty good magic brewing within the core design of the game. It's pretty easy to kill the magic though so I hope Newcorp know what they are doing. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Bringslite
The particular and unique "magic". That is part of the secret appeal and part of why some new players just can't grasp why some have been here so long and some new players stay.

I have a tiny apprehension that an experienced MMO development Corp can endanger that somehow. Yet I also know that without funds, not much of anything is possible faster than a snail's pace. Funds usually expect returns and that means broadening the appeal of the game. The perfect balance has a bit of tolerance left or right of It's perfect niche. Counting on NewCorp to find that sweet spot.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
The Eternal Balance
The Balance must be maintained.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
AlexanderDamocles
Lisa Stevens
I will let you know that Newcorp has been putting money towards the current expenditures for PFO while things are finishing up. They wouldn't do that if they didn't think it was likely to go through. Now is it a guarantee? No. Because if it was a guarantee then we would be moving forward. But it is likely. And they are behaving as it that is the case. They have even hired a real estate firm to start looking for office space for a studio up here in Seattle.
-Lisa

Things like that go a long way towards reassuring me that things really are progressing well. I know you're walking a tightrope, and I appreciate the efforts you go through to reach out to the community how you can!
Jokken
Thank you for the hard work you are doing for the benefit of our community.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Nostrus
So when do we get more details?

What do we know about Newcorp? I have my suspicions as to who it might be, if it's an established company. If those suspicions prove to be true, I'd be slightly concerned.
Bringslite
Nostrus

What do we know about Newcorp? I have my suspicions as to who it might be, if it's an established company. If those suspicions prove to be true, I'd be slightly concerned.

It seems clear that we get details when they are ready. Each time we have risen up, we have been told this plus little tidbits to encourage us. Collected knowledge on NewCorp? Not much. They have developed games. They like the general ideals behind the original write up. They feel that something good can be made out of what is here already and the first concepts. NewCorp is attempting to secure a 3rd party's funds for help with this and it is a complicated set of contracts. That is all from GW, but I give them the benefit of the doubt that it is accurate.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Decius
Bringslite
Nostrus

It seems clear that we get details when they are ready. Each time we have risen up, we have been told this plus little tidbits to encourage us. Collected knowledge on NewCorp? Not much. They have developed games. They like the general ideals behind the original write up. They feel that something good can be made out of what is here already and the first concepts. NewCorp is attempting to secure a 3rd party's funds for help with this and it is a complicated set of contracts. That is all from GW, but I give them the benefit of the doubt that it is accurate.
And every time we start speculating as to identity, the tidbits of information suddenly dry up and it's all "no comment at this time".
Giorgio
Jokken
Thank you for the hard work you are doing for the benefit of our community.

+1
My sentiments exactly. smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post