Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online Investment Update

Paddy Fitzpatrick
I got no problem with the game changing up some from the original design just as long as it doesn't become a clone of another game I'm already playing or plan to play.

I don't mind a shutdown for a while but if they're gonna do a wipe I think they should give some kind of compensation or ability to do a full respec for those of us who have been playing. This is especially true if they do a wipe AND change the mechanics. I think I'd like the chance to redo my guy for the new mechanics, especially since it seems not all the classes are even out.

I'd be ok with compensation for a wipe in order to do a respec, but if they just do a complete hard reset with nothing to give back to those of us who already put time into this game, THEN I'd be pissed.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Midnight
Since any massive rework would be done with the idea of attracting hundreds of thousands of new players, it would be incredibly stingy of a company to not refund the dollars we've spent or credit them towards game time in the new reworked game (if they had to rework the game and start it over).

Cheating 1,000 (?) kickstarters/EE-folks out of what they paid for would create a very vocal impediment to attracting new players.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Stilachio Thrax
Midnight
Cheating 1,000 (?) kickstarters/EE-folks out of what they paid for would create a very vocal impediment to attracting new players.

No marketing, however good, can undo the damage 1,000 pissed off gamers can do to a game's reputation. PFO is on shaky ground in this regard already, I don't expect them to throw a match into a gas can.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Schedim
I'm afraid there is a lot of truth in what you say Notmyrealname, but the question is how much they are going to sava and how much is going out of the window. Not all, that I'm quite certain of, there must be something here that they want untouched, otherwise it would be simpler for them to just start a new one from scratch (using Unity 5 yadda yadda etc etc) and I'm pretty sure it isn't the huge fan base they want to take over either :-).

So .. The "seamless" terrain isnt worth enough to bother the "takeover" … The crafting system, perhaps it is certainly one of the better …

The combat … Mjnaaa … Not the applied system anyway, the theory behond has potential…
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Midnight
The Keepside Chat didn't make it sound like the latest prospective investors would want to throw the existing game out the window. There's no guarantee that the latest suitors are the ones who will succeed, but they seem to like the game design that was blogged about. They've played the game, so they know what they're getting, supposedly.

Hey Lisa, have these investors PvP'd?
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
I'm not saying the new investor is Nihimon, but…

IT'S NIHIMON!
smile
-Edmund Burke
Schedim
If the new investors hasn't been in a PvP perhaps a tournament melee is of order … if we can find the people…
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Schedim
If the new investors hasn't been in a PvP perhaps a tournament melee is of order … if we can find the people…

I'm game.

Now on a serious note, what kind of game is this going to be? They gotta keep to the stuff that they have which will make it good and unique. The thing is, ya can't just make it into a clone of another existing game, even though this game could benefit from taking a few cues from other games. If it's just a mishmash of what other games offer then well, we all just may as well play those games instead. There have been good ideas but what kind of crafting, PvE, and PvP are going to be in this game? What will make this game stand out? Seems the whole jack of all trades things may need to be rethought cause it seems so far this is a master of none problem.

Maybe these new investors will take a somewhat different direction with all the above. Who knows, could be interesting if they do. Just gotta know what that direction is.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Schedim
As always I say, embrace change, roll with the blow and enjoy the chaotic ride of reality….

That said, I dearly hope they arn't Ponyfinders bros….
Notmyrealname
No wait, we could all BE ponies..

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post