Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Pathfinder Online Investment Update

Caldeathe Baequiannia
I wonder where Quijenoth is, with a succinct post about sense of entitlement.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
The Eternal Balance
Yup, at this point, pretty much.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Bringslite
If basically zero groundwork was laid before this possibility was divulged, I doubt that anything more than "working on it" could be offered by now.

Correct me if I have this wrong. It sounded like a deal that had three twists. People that want to invest in a game Dev company, a game Dev company that wants to invest in GW or more likely PfO, and a licensee that wants something close to the original ideas if possible. So the original money has to probably approve PfO. And the new developer has to probably assure the money and GW.

They haven't had enough time to all get on the same page yet, let alone finalize a deal.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
ZomoZ
The Eternal Balance
Ok, time for some news or an update. Silence is no good.

+1
In this instance, no news is bad news

I am of the opposite opinion.

A huge part of the problem which has led to much negative publicity - in my personal opinion of course - has been crowd forging and the devs being far too open with the community which led to certain individuals thinking they were "special" and then getting angry when their "special insights" were ignored resulting in a serious of campaigns to sabotage the game on public forums.

No news is potentially a sign that good business practice keeping everything closed is finally being followed.
Quijenoth Starkiller
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I wonder where Quijenoth is, with a succinct post about sense of entitlement.

Sorry been building up in ARK since we moved to a new server over the weekend smile

You can be sure I am "watching" this thread but right now there's really nothing constructive to say until we hear more from Lisa.
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The Eternal Balance
Yup, at this point, pretty much.
I probably needed a sarcasm emote to get my actual point across.

We're customers. Right now, we're getting exactly what they promised three months ago. They don't owe us an update on their financial dealings, and no news is no news, not bad news. I'm surprised anyone thinks that after not getting the final investment for the last two years, they could just whip it out in less than three months now that the game is in a difficult state.

Nobody with a million or more to put into a game is going to want anyone else knowing what they are doing until it is signed. I guarantee they can't give any specifics about any investors without causing problems. What other "updates" can they offer? In her last visit to a dev chat Lisa said she felt really good about a current negotiation, and a few days later there were some new people in game asking players about how we like the game. That's about as much update as we should expect.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Midnight
They can take as much time as they like.

I turned off the billing on my accounts. Either I'll hear something that makes me turn it back on, or I'll have more money for other games.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Sorry if this is kinda early to ask, but I am wondering, has been any news or new info on this?

With March coming up in roughly a week and a half I figured this may be as good a time as any to ask if there have been any updates. I know we can't know everything right now and that's cool, but just having some idea of what's going on could be helpful.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Lisa Stevens
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Sorry if this is kinda early to ask, but I am wondering, has been any news or new info on this?

With March coming up in roughly a week and a half I figured this may be as good a time as any to ask if there have been any updates. I know we can't know everything right now and that's cool, but just having some idea of what's going on could be helpful.

The second I get news that I can release, I will. I talked with the new company yesterday and today. Things are progressing. Stay strong!

-Lisa
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Yep, I'm hanging in there smile

Thanks for the quick response! Looking forward to more soon.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post