Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Pathfinder Online Investment Update

Harad Navar
Indeed!
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Anything new? It is March 1st tomorrow.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Bringslite
Not a clue nor a whisper nor a squeek do there be,

Not a notice nor a letter or a blog do I see.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Paddy Fitzpatrick
I kinda already asked this last week lol.

Doubt that we will get a different answer.

I'm willing to bet it may be another week or two.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
I was kind of hoping they announce - 20 million, Unresl 4 engine, Complete Start from Scrstch, Open World Sandbox Survival, Set in the River Kingdoms.

I'll just wait for Summer Early Access of Conan Exiles.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Paddy Fitzpatrick
Sandbox survival? I didn't get the vibe that this game was gonna be like Ark, 7 Days to Die, or Rust…

Besides, starting over from scratch would probably take at least another year or two won't it? I'd love to see a good 20 million poured in. Even with that the changes ain't gonna come right off the bat. May take a few months before the big changes come in.

My question is who is taking the reigns?
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Maxen
Nice pun Paddy, intentional or not. smile
Bringslite
Maxen
Nice pun Paddy, intentional or not. smile

Whoa! You can't talk to the current Bandit King like that! smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Sandbox survival? I didn't get the vibe that this game was gonna be like Ark, 7 Days to Die, or Rust…

Besides, starting over from scratch would probably take at least another year or two won't it? I'd love to see a good 20 million poured in. Even with that the changes ain't gonna come right off the bat. May take a few months before the big changes come in.

My question is who is taking the reigns?

No it wasn't, but in hind sight it does look like the new trend is towards less MMO and more MP Sandbox using Public / Private servers, and GMs set the rules of their own server. All have one thing in common, and it was something that was supposed to be a key feature of PFO, "Building and Managing a Settlement".

Conan Exiles has the tag line of "Survive, Build, Conquer". Granted there was / is nothing threatening your survival in PFO, but the rest was there or supposed to be. With an IP as strong as Pathfinder, it might actually be more successful than most of the others.

Decius
A Pathfinder mod to Life is Feudal might be a good adaptation of that genre.

But PvP sandbox battle arena is a different genre from sandbox PvP MMO.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post