Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Pathfinder Online Investment Update

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Decius
A Pathfinder mod to Life is Feudal might be a good adaptation of that genre.

But PvP sandbox battle arena is a different genre from sandbox PvP MMO.

I agree but I don't know what game you're talking about as either. PFO is not a PVP Sandbox Battle Arena, although there were certainly attempts to make it one. It just wasn't sandboxy enough. LiF does not have any mechanics to force its PVP into an arena, nor is it a true MMO.

After having played many different games these past few months, I can see the real appeal for Multiplayer over Massively Multiplayer.

I would just reverse your statement. Pathfinder is not a good adaptation to the genre that is explored by games like Life is Feudal. Rather the genre of Survival Open World Multiplayer RPG might be a good place for PFO to restart with.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Edam
I actually like the current instantiation of PFO and the direction it is heading. I am hoping for minimal change just faster development in the same direction as currently with more cash meaning more features and less bugs.

Personally though I am not too bothered as if the "doomsday let us wipe the server and recreate it to be just like other game xxx" scenarios end up being deemed necessary for cashflow reasons I can always go back to playing EVE full time smile
Feldrol
Anyhow i think 2 monthes after the last news would be a good time to have some info, even minimal.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Lisa said a week ago that things are still moving and as soon as she has something new she can share, she'll share it. Until then any update would be a non-update update.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bunibuni
YAY! Just YAY! Things are working out!! smile
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
Schedim
But the Lawyers will want their cut, so expect months of bickering about the shape of the commas and the quality of the paper …

*eye-roll*

Well well, my XP are racking up when I come back I can move seriously in whatever role I choose to advance.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bunibuni
Just make sure you have the silver to spend in order to spend said XP.
And since they said that they had to make phone calls across time zones, I'm figuring either a non-American company [meaning Europe or Asia] or one based on the East Coast but I don't know of any companies on the East Coast - not saying that there aren't, just saying I don't know of any since I don't spend hours looking around at various gaming companies and finding out where their offices are. smile

I wonder if it is a Japanese company will all our characters start having anime eyes and small mouths. smile
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
Edam
Well, in game lawyers would be … interesting …

… I submit your honor the precedent set in Thornkeep Dwarves v Wagglespoon the Elf (2015) Golarion Court of Appeal 215 regarding the application of promissory estoppel in equity to T1 resource futures and the decision in Western Plains Traders versus Freevale (2014) Thornkeep Judicial Tribunal 8 4137, which also indicates equity principles are applicable in the current dispute, means the lack of a formal contract does not prevent recovery of the Tansey leaf stocks, particularly in view of the clearly unconscionable conduct of the defendant elves …

Bunibuni
I'm figuring either a non-American company [meaning Europe or Asia] or one based on the East Coast but I don't know of any companies on the East Coast - not saying that there aren't, just saying I don't know of any since I don't spend hours looking around at various gaming companies and finding out where their offices are.

There are quite a few East Coast game companies TBH. Two that come immediately to mind are Stardock in Michigan (Sins of a Solar Empire) and Bethseda in Maryland (Fallout 4, Skyrim, Doom etc) .
Stilachio Thrax
Edam
Well, in game lawyers would be … interesting …

… I submit your honor the precedent set in Thornkeep Dwarves v Wagglespoon the Elf (2015) Golarion Court of Appeal 215 regarding the application of promissory estoppel in equity to T1 resource futures and the decision in Western Plains Traders versus Freevale (2014) Thornkeep Judicial Tribunal 8 4137, which also indicates equity principles are applicable in the current dispute, means the lack of a formal contract does not prevent recovery of the Tansey leaf stocks, particularly in view of the clearly unconscionable conduct of the defendant elves …

Bunibuni
I'm figuring either a non-American company [meaning Europe or Asia] or one based on the East Coast but I don't know of any companies on the East Coast - not saying that there aren't, just saying I don't know of any since I don't spend hours looking around at various gaming companies and finding out where their offices are.

There are quite a few East Coast game companies TBH. Two that come immediately to mind are Stardock in Michigan (Sins of a Solar Empire) and Bethseda in Maryland (Fallout 4, Skyrim, Doom etc) .

Turbine (Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online) is in the Boston area.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Hobson Fiffledown
So…it's April…

Still working on paperwork and legal stuff with the same investor alluded to before?

Working with a new investor on paperwork and legal stuff?

Or still just generically working towards securing an investment? (i.e. Looking/hoping for someone to invest)
This space for rent.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post