Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Pathfinder Online Investment Update

Lisa Stevens
Hobson Fiffledown
So…it's April…

Still working on paperwork and legal stuff with the same investor alluded to before?

Working with a new investor on paperwork and legal stuff?

Or still just generically working towards securing an investment? (i.e. Looking/hoping for someone to invest)

Still working on all the stuff needed to finalize the transaction with the same Newcorp that I have been dealing with since November. Everyone wishes it would go faster because we are all anxious to get started, but these things are complicated and take a lot of time. Believe me, I would much rather be sitting in meetings talking about moving the game forward rather than reading page after page of mind-numbing legalese. But every journey has its path and this one is still in the legal/paperwork stage.

I will say that Newcorp was up at the Goblinworks offices last week and we had a super productive and fun week. So still moving along. I would love to hazard a timeline guess, but I would probably be wrong. smile

-Lisa
Hobson Fiffledown
Yep…been there. It's nice to hear an update though, things were awfully quiet for a bit. Thanks, Lisa.
This space for rent.
Maxen
Agreed and thanks for the update Lisa. A monthly "we're still working the details" post would be very much appreciated. Just those few words are enough encouragement for me to keep moving forward.
Edam
So long as we get some continued development and occasional bug fixes in the meantime then Edam is happy to wait. Keep up the good work.
AlexanderDamocles
I sincerely hope newcorp shows up soon. While I trust Lisa and Goblinworks, I also cannot keep paying for a game that *might* be getting a new influx of cash eventually/someday. If I had something even resembling a timeline (another month, a business quarter, not till the end of the year), I could look into reactivating my sub until then. Even a super vague timeline would be really helpful smile
Paddy Fitzpatrick
AlexanderDamocles
I sincerely hope newcorp shows up soon. While I trust Lisa and Goblinworks, I also cannot keep paying for a game that *might* be getting a new influx of cash eventually/someday. If I had something even resembling a timeline (another month, a business quarter, not till the end of the year), I could look into reactivating my sub until then. Even a super vague timeline would be really helpful smile

+1
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Schedim
Yupp, second that about a getting exhausted by the unknowing situation. I have stopped my subscription and seriously thinking of selling my account…
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Seraph
To you doubters – I think it's pretty clear that this is going to happen. I know the waiting is tough, but the fact that Newcorp spent the week in the Goblinworks office makes it clear to me that both parties are fully invested. Everyone all around is going to lose a lot of time and work if it were to fall through at this point.

I agree that it would be nice to hear something more concrete. I'm mostly playing just to stay invested in my settlement and get some playtime in so I'm not paying a sub just for XP. But I think this is exactly the wrong time to give up and leave if you legitimately are interested in this game's potential – you've waited this long and now we're (hopefully?) less than a month from development starting up again in full.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Huran
Everyone in the business world will know negotiations can take a lot of time and there is no way to predict when they will be done. They can give us a rough timeline and hope it will be done by then, but they have already done that and got some flack for not being correct.

Want a rough timeline? May 1st - that is about as good as any answer they can give you and it's just a shot in the dark and most likely not even remotely correct. The state of negotiations is currently out of both NewCorp and Lisa's hands and in the hands of the legal guru's

Something would have to go very wrong for the deal to fall through right now. Is it possible? Of course, but I personally don't think it is very likely.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Midnight
I've seen multi-million dollar deals that took less time.

My guess is that at least one investor or creditor is being very demanding.

My opinion is… if everyone was unanimously and equally on board with a plan, even dotting the i's and crossing the t's in legalese wouldn't be holding it up THIS long.

I've seen corporate bankruptcies that took less time going through the courts.

I've even seen a real estate sale for a hotel development take less time, and those are fraught with city planning issues.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post