Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE11 on Zog

Bob
Bringslite
First Question: Is there any way to plan out the facing of the buildings?

The facings are all set in the layout. If some of them are particularly problematic, point them out. We could look at providing the ability to set each building's rotation eventually, but that would be a feature request and likely behind quite a few other issues.

Bringslite
Minor Issue: In some cases (at least one) if you stop placement of a building, you seem to hang slumped over for a minute.

The same thing happens when placing other buildings, like holdings or outposts. I believe there's already a bug to track that issue, but I'll double-check on Monday.
Bob
Ravenlute
Will they all be fortress towns or will we be upgrading from hill forts?

For now, all the towns use the same layout, and the only thing you can do is decide which buildings to construct and where. Everything else about the town is part of the layout. The next thing we'd add for settlements would likely be the ability to upgrade those buildings directly, instead of just setting the overall settlement level. We've also got multiple layouts planned, so someday we'd add those, but I'm not sure how much choice we'll give settlements on which layout they get. We do want those to be spread out throughout the world, and we don't want to be changing the topography whenever settlements change hands. We can worry about that when we start making plans to implement them.

Beyond that, we do want to allow for walls and gates, but that's probably further down the road.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Is anyone able to test deployment of smallholdings and basecamps along with the crafted structures?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
My first de-synch in recent memory, (where icons pile up in the borders) upon approaching Goblinville from the direction of Marchmont.

RisingSetting sun is visible through the roof of the bank.

The presence of flag icons for each building and each trainer makes the non-scalable "current hex" map and the mini-map all-but-useless in Goblinville.

Keep stockade: (Goblinville) The bundle of {~6-10) sharpened logs that serve as a joint between the walls and the mini-turrets are penetrable on both sides of all four corners, plus the two beside the back entrance behind the keep (south), and the one beside the east-side of the main (north) entrance. (Same is true for at least one corner on the dreadnaught stockade)

Pure legion enforcer in stockade by keep (tent) appears like she might be a trainer or quest giver (white name text). Is selectable but does not communicate when right clicked. Same is true for the Rift Warden. (apparently this might be because I don't have any adventure points, having done nothing? Might be better if they said something, like "When you've got a little adventure under your belt, I'd be pleased to have you undertake a job for me." Otherwise, I might be tempted to ignore them forever.
Bob
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Is anyone able to test deployment of smallholdings and basecamps along with the crafted structures?

I added a bunch of smallholdings and base camps to the Settlement vault in Goblinville. Happy to add some elsewhere if anyone wants to check them out. I can also add some holdings or outposts, and mess with company influence numbers, if necessary.

Basically, if there's something you want to test out and you're blocked, let me know and I'll see if there's a way to unblock you.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The irregulars have applied to goblinville settlement if someone can turn them useful.
Bob
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The irregulars have applied to goblinville settlement if someone can turn them useful.

You're all set.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
While it's not really the sort of thing that should often be an issue, my experience is that dying causes your camp (crafted, not base) to vanish. They may have been around somewhere, but I never located them. Will test further.

Tried this in a different hex, (Austere, Basic, and Orderly) When I ran back from spawning three hexes away, all three flags re-appeared, which they did not in the monster hex. Whether this relates to events (or escalation mobs) spawning, or some other issue, the behaviour was completely different with the second test. Would be good to have camps tested in an escalation again.

Update: But as I stood there (while typing the above), they vanished one after another, at the rate I placed them. It seems they are lasting only about 10 minutes each.Is that expected behaviour for camps? If so, there is no problem as the others could easily have been in place for 10 minutes before vanishing.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
D'oh! Can't check the water levels thing because the marshes are not on the accessible map.
Bob
The Release Notes have been edited to reflect that the Skull-Basher Ogres don't get tougher as their strength drops. They were incorrectly added to the list of escalations that were reworked in that way.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post