jasconine
Will we have a set of defined test cases that we can run through when we jump on the server or is it just run around and see what breaks? Having some defined scope for testing gives a bit of direction and meaning to the testing which can be more helpful for those with limited time and test server availability.

For the most part, the kind of testing that lends itself to organized lists of test cases is best handled in-house under our current circumstances, particularly since we have test tools that can speed most of them up dramatically. I also often find it just as easy to go ahead and run a test as it is to document it and ask others to do it.

The biggest thing we can't do in-house right now is put together a party and go fight the Dark Elves. It was extremely helpful to have so many people at once come and tackle that escalation. Hopefully we'll be able to do that at least one more time.

The other thing that's very helpful is just for you to log on and try to do the kinds of things you normally do when you play on the live server, or will be doing when EE11 goes live. If you usually spend a lot of time at the auction house, try buying and selling some stuff, particularly some of the newer things. If you need a few things in the settlement vaults to test that with, just let me know a few specific items to add. If you'll be the one placing the settlement structures, ask me for control of one of the Zog settlements and try placing those. To a great degree, the bugs I'm most worried about are the ones I haven't even thought to look for, so the more everyone has a chance to play on Zog in ways similar to what they'll be doing on live, the more likely we are to catch the bugs you'd all run into.