Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Various Map Resources Out of Date & Icon terminology

Giorgio
Can't find the various threads, but the following maps are out of date; I hope that EE11 and any post-thanksgiving "we got investors" news can encourage their creators to update them again. smile

Unofficial Pathfinder Online Atlas

PFO Political Map

Elevation Map

PFO Map*

* = Confirmed is up-to-date as of this post.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Azure_Zero
Giorgio
Can't find the various threads, but the following maps are out of date; I hope that EE11 and any post-thanksgiving "we got investors" news can encourage their creators to update them again. smile

Unofficial Pathfinder Online Atlas

PFO Political Map

Elevation Map

Aussies Map

pfomap.com is up to date and EE11 ready
Giorgio
Azure_Zero
pfomap.com is up to date and EE11 ready

Thanks, I had lost that link; will edit OP.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

Harad Navar
I am aware of the current condition of the Unofficial PFO Atlas. When 11 is released I will try and get a new map set up as soon as I get a reasonable image from the game.

Harad
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
aussiedwarf
The community resource page has a nice EE 11 map. I'm currently using if in pfomap. I have also included settlement training levels, holdings and territory for each settlement and alliance.
Elder of Forgeholm
Owner of www.pfomap.com
Contactable at aussiedwarfpfo@gmail.com
Duffy Swiftshadow
I started prepping a pass to clean mine up and define current relations better, plus trying to figure out a way to show the new training. I should have it ready when or shortly after EE11 drops, depends how long it takes me to gather all the training info.
Ravenlute
Be aware that some of those settlement training levels have a habit of changing every week.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Giorgio
Something that the various map makers might want to do is get together and discuss a "common terminology" for the new settlement types that can be indicated on the various maps for the new post EE11 world, as all the premade "template settlements" get removed and customized by active players and their construction choices.

As far as I can tell Harad, Aussie and Duffy's maps use the same symbols for the "settlement templates" (Example: Sword = Fighter, Dagger = Rogue, Hammer & Anvial = Crafting), perhaps this can be extended with some new icons for Expert and Freeholders roles, and another for a settlement "focus" like "T3 Smelting",
"T3 Library/University" and "Auction House"?

Getting together and establishing some common language and criteria may be very useful for everyone in the long run, so no matter which of the maps you use, the settlement focus information is easy to understand and consistent.

To keep maps from getting hard to read, perhaps a max of two symbols to indicate each settlement primary focus?

Forgeholm's new icons would (ideally) be "Smelter" and "Smith". Id like to see it represented with and "ingot" and "forge" icons. We have iron, stone and gems as far as the eye can see; in addition as dwarfs we get racial bonuses to these key skills and industries. We no longer will be a "Cleric/Fighter" focus settlement as currently displayed on the maps above.

Harad, Aussie and Duffy, would you like to get together* on the Mumble server and start working on this? smile
(* = as a first step in making this a community lead effort)

Giorgio
Roles:
Sword = Fighter: Garrison (Fighter, Dreadnaught, Skirmisher)
Triangle & Globe = Cleric: Cathedral (Any)(Cleric, Seminary, +3 Deities);
Staff = Wizard: University (Wizard, War Wizard, Occultist)
Shady Alien = Rogue (There is no large structure that groups up Rogue oriented role; ideally a combo would be Thieves Guild + Skirmisher + Something else as the other three roles got 3 buildings)
Palisade or Keep = Keep (Aristocrat, Stonemason, Carpenter)
Merchant Building or House = Guild House (Expert, Freeholder, Rogue, Skirmisher*)
* = a library would have made more sense instead skirmisher; going to ask Bob about it
(George Submission) Forge = Foundry (Smelter, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith)
————————————————————————
Focus (For Large and Medium Structures):
Anvial = Crafting (50% or more of its structures are refining or crafting oriented)
Anvial & Hammer = Crafting (75% or more of its structures are refining or crafting oriented)
Coin or $ sign = Auction House

? = Lab (Alchemist, Engineer)
? = Boutique (Jeweler, Tailor)
? = Cooperative (Bowyer, Leatherworker)
? = Spellwright (Artificer, Iconographer)
Forge = Smith (Armorsmith, Weaponsmith)
pick or shovel = Workhouse (Freeholder)
Bench or crating tool= Workshop (Expert)
?= Thieves Guild (Rogue)
?= Fighter College (Fighter)
?= Wizard Academy (Wizard)
? = War Wizard School (War Wizard)
? = Dreadnaught School (Dreadnaught)
? =Skirmisher School (Skirmisher)
?= Occultist School (Occultist)
?= Seminary (Seminary)
Actual Holy Symbol = Temple (Iomedae) (Cleric, Iomedae)
Actual Holy Symbol = Temple (Abadar) (Cleric, Abadar)
Actual Holy Symbol = Temple (Asmodeus) (Cleric, Asmodeus)
Actual Holy Symbol = Temple (Desna) (Cleric, Desna)
Actual Holy Symbol = Temple (Gorum) (Cleric, Gorum)
Actual Holy Symbol = Temple (Gozreh) (Cleric, Gozreh)
Actual Holy Symbol = Temple (Lamashtu) (Cleric, Lamashtu)
Actual Holy Symbol = Temple (Norgorber) (Cleric, Norgorber)
Actual Holy Symbol = Temple (Saranrae) (Cleric, Saranrae)

Focus (For Small Structures*):
* = Not sure it this level of structure needs to be on a map…

? = Geologist (Gemcutter)
? = Arcanist's Workshop (Sage)
? = Apothecary (Apothecary)
? = Sawmill (Sawyer)
ingot = Smeltmill (Smelter)
? = Tannery (Tanner)
? = Loom (Weaver)
? = Woodshop (Bowyer)
? = Alchemist's Lab (Alchemist)
? = Armorer (Armorsmith)
? = Weaponmaster (Weaponsmith)
? = Iconographer (Iconographer)
? = Jewelers (Jeweler)
? = Leatherworkers (Leatherworker)
? = Tailors (Tailor)
? = Institute of Technology (Engineer)
? = Artificer's Workshop (Artificer)
? = Library

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Since Crafting towns and Auction Houses will not be quite as synonymous as they have been, it might need some complexity. It will be perfectly feasible for a town to have all but one or two of the crafting stations. Perhaps the anvil could be bare for a "significantly complete" crafting centre, but only have the hammer added if it has all stations? A coin might be a good icon for an Auction House. Maybe something like a "house" for the Expert Freeholder (right or left half of the house for only one or the other?)
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post