Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

"Waiting for Character" Issues

Bob
There were reports yesterday that several hexes, including Keeper's Pass and Kreuz Bernstein, were causing characters arriving in them to crash or log out, and not allowing characters in those hexes to log back in. There are reports this morning that hex 1,9 is experiencing the same problem. Every specific hex reported so far has been numbered 1,X, though that could just be a coincidence.

We're looking into the issue right now. If you experience this in any other hexes, please report it here so we can track the problem, and to warn others to avoid those hexes temporarily.
Kero
I crashed out of the game when entering the hex 2 hexes directly north of Keeper's Pass (came from the monster hex there, which had no issues) and have been unable to access that character since. That should also be a hex 1,X
Garric Orcsbane
I lost a character in hex 1,0 yesterday evening. Originally it said waiting for character but now when I try to select it I get the message "The Server has dropped your connection. Could not connect to the map server (1,0).
Bringslite
Hey Bob,

Similar issues with at least one character that logged out in Thornkeep before the patch. I get the message: "The server has dropped your connection: Could not connect to map server[1.0]"
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
I've done a little checking and so far every 1,X hex I've looked at has the glowing border up around it, implying that the servers for those hexes are down. We're digging into the servers to figure this out.
Kero
There was no glowing border there when I entered the hex 2 north of Keeper's Pass about 15 hours ago.
Bob
Kero
There was no glowing border there when I entered the hex 2 north of Keeper's Pass about 15 hours ago.

We suspect those hexes went down in some weird way yesterday, such that they weren't functioning properly but weren't registering as completely down. That made it possible to still enter those hexes.

Today, it looks like those hexes just didn't come up at all after downtime, so now they're blocked off by the glowing borders because other hex servers can tell those hexes aren't available.
Edam
I crashed in the Hex directly below keepers pass shortly after entering it.
Bob
Edam
I crashed in the Hex directly below keepers pass shortly after entering it.

Were you able to enter that hex after downtime (10AM PST) today, or prior to downtime? Currently, I see a glowing border around it and can't enter.
Bringslite
What new Terror is this? The Emerald Spire region of The River Kingdoms further divided by the strange glowing walls. Is it the work of Pharasma? Is it another Entity working against Lady Death?

Tune in at 11:00 for an exclusive (fabricated) report!
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post