Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 11.1 Discussion

Decius
Bob
As for PvP in general, I didn't notice any mention of it in the suggestions that were made so far in this thread, which I found interesting. Changes to PvP have certainly been proposed elsewhere and often, and we'd be open to some changes that turned out to be simple to implement (for example, we're still exploring the possibility of making monster hexes open PvP), but when asked to propose just a few fixes, most people seem to focus on fixes to the vaults and a mix of other issues. Maybe that's a function of the what the current player base is experiencing, maybe it's just that the PvP system seems inherently bigger than "polish and fixes," so it doesn't come to mind.
The key PvP feature would be having an extrinsic reward to all players for winning. I'm fine if the Destroyer player style reward remains the same (hurting the Builder player style's performance and kicking at their sandcastle), but there was never any reward for the Builders to want to go after the Destroyers, not even the ability to keep them from being effective Destroyers.
Midnight
What kind of victory rewards are you imagining?

items are a no-no because… crafters.

Also, victory rewards would be ANOTHER blob friendly aspect of the game since blobs get more victories, as well as the fact that blobs can frequently deprive others of victories.

Also, if victory rewards happen for those who declare feuds, blobs can declare more feuds. A 100 character company can declare far more feuds than a 6 character company. So in the time a 6 man company earns the influence for a feud, the 100 man company earns enough influence for 16 feuds.

*If* each INDIVIDUAL gets a reward for victory, you wind up rewarding 1600 items to the blob for every 6 items to the 6 man company and the disproportion is even greater when you consider the LIKELIHOOD of each company being victorious.

I'M NOT SAYING THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT. I'm just saying that the kind of example I described is what we should be trying to avoid.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Tigari
There were no mentions of pvp, because most of the big pvp enthusiasts have left :s. And please, if anything, open up the monster and meteor hexes as open PvP, its one of the few things that MAY bring me, and maybe others back. The longer you guys go without fixes to pvp in this game, the harder chance your going to have of getting any pvpers. I've been playing Crowfall alpha a bit lately, and its damn fun. The only thing going against it is it's non-persistence. I want PFO to make it, I enjoyed the game, And I still think it has the chance to be the "Fantasy Eve" I was hoping it would be.

The Development just needs to take a swing. Implementing Settlements first, probably wasn't the best idea. It took So long to get them going, and really, like Tink used to say, they didn't add much for the average user. I mean COOL i get to stand in Golgotha. But it would of been cooler to add some of the basic UI stuff, or the new player stuff, or even factions first. Give us things to DO, not just a settlement to stand in. Also, I agree with Midnight, that giving people holdings, then making them unattackable, so everyone could stockpile Bulk Goods was a horrible idea smile. I really really hate saying this, but I think a Reset may be the best thing for this game, and I was always the biggest person against it smile
Takasi
I had a few ideas for small skirmish PvP but they would probably involve a lot of work:

Every day on a rotating schedule activate a capture window on a Fane. The schedule could be published so anyone actively seeking a fight can find one.

Fanes can only be captured by a party of 6 with no limitations on company or settlement affiliation.

Party members capturing the Fane become the "Chosen" of that Deity until the next Fane capture window begins.

These temporary rewards could include:

No gear required to activate given keywords
Reduced ePro/ePow penalties
Reduced durability loss on death
Added keyword activation irregardless of skill levels
Unique achievements that serve as prerequisites for unique training
Unique titles displayed near character names
Schedim
Tigari
I really really hate saying this, but I think a Reset may be the best thing for this game, and I was always the biggest person against it smile

It would create a squeal like nothing before, but due to the reasons you mention I'm wouldnt mind. Reset everything, make an easy way to start a Town (not tooo easy tho) start everyone in Thornkeep with only the XP and watch the fun ….
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bringslite
I have been ok with a reset of everything except exp, including wiping the settlements, for a long time.

However, there would need to be a lot of general improvements. I wouldn't do it all again with the game as it is right now.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Decius
Midnight
What kind of victory rewards are you imagining?
Some kind of token/item/bulk resource that was required to maintain and possibly construct the buildings required for a settlement to support feats would work.

There are so many design changes and programming upgrades required for that that I don't see it happening soon, but I'm taking the long view.
Midnight
Threading could create rewards for success (dropped unthreaded items).

But that is a ways off too.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
While it may not be a game mechanic… having a way to use the cash shop to gift this game or gift subscription time is my suggestion AND it ought to make GW some money.

HOWEVER, that only makes sense once we hear from new investors. Otherwise, it's a waste of dev resources because not much gifting is going to happen until the game is off life support.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post