Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

There seems to be a small security leak

The Eternal Balance
8 pages of spam in a language probably no one here can read???
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Tyncale
And then to think that one of the reasons they made these (half-assed) GW forums from scratch rather then use an off-the-shelf package was that they had better protection against people that would like to cause harm. I guess spambots still get through though.

Ryan explains why GW has such barebone forums
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Schedim
I always wonder whatever these spambot accomplish (language problems besides)….
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Tyncale
And then to think that one of the reasons they made these (half-assed) GW forums from scratch
Hardening a forum that uses the same sign on as your character account against "people who want to do us harm" is not remotely like making them proof from people who want to spam your forums. All of the spam messages are in forums that can be reached by people who do not have paid accounts. It is unlikely this was automated, as it took six hours to generate the messages, while an automated attack could have posted those (even if operating slowly to avoid blocking) in less than 1 hour. The only way to keep spam off the groups entirely is to not let the public see any forums.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Schedim
It would be nice if this MVP messageboard was equiped with the basic functionality of alerting the moderators of … this.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Schedim
They want search engine robots like Google to detect multiple, not-quite-identical links to their site in order to bump it higher in the search results when someone is actually looking for something that is on their site.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Schedim
It would be nice if this MVP messageboard was equiped with the basic functionality of alerting the moderators of … this.
Of what should it alert them? People are talking too much? It was at least two accounts, maybe more. And which of the three employees should have to watch for alerts in the middle of the night? It started at 9:00pm their time, and ended before 3:00 am. (It's still currently barely 7:00am on a Saturday in Goblinville) Many other, much more "feature complete" forums, and even instagram, got hit just as hard. Try a google search for "cps45.com" (I'll save you having to type it)
Schedim
Thanks Cal for pointing out the obvius, buuuuut it would still be nice to have a "report" button on each post, wouldnt it?

Or you perhaps think it always will be this quiet and easily managed?
Schedim
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Schedim
They want search engine robots like Google to detect multiple, not-quite-identical links to their site in order to bump it higher in the search results when someone is actually looking for something that is on their site.

Ah, now I understand! That sounds actually like a clever tactics!
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Schedim
Or you perhaps think it always will be this quiet and easily managed?
No. I don't. Which is why, as soon as I saw it, I sent an email to Bob and Lisa, in the hopes that one of them will check it when they are up and about.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post