Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Stache Selling 8 DT Accounts, All Good things must come to an end

Duffy Swiftshadow
Your commentary is a bit late for this thread…not to mention unoriginal.
Illililili
All depends what happens with the new investors in March. People buying his accounts may have made a good decision or a bad decision, but we will know next month…
You are a Troll
Hollowgrin
(blah blah blah)

What hole did you crawl out of exactly?
Edam
You are a Troll
Hollowgrin
(blah blah blah)

lol … especially when all those accounts sold almost instantly while other people were still trying to raise funds to buy them.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
You are a Troll
Hollowgrin
(blah blah blah)

lol … especially when all those accounts sold almost instantly while other people were still trying to raise funds to buy them.
Or actually had the funds in hand already, but he broke them up before his own deadline.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Hollowgrin
Illililili
All depends what happens with the new investors in March. People buying his accounts may have made a good decision or a bad decision, but we will know next month…

Unless they plan to completely replace the engine for this game, additional funding will be little more than an arbitrage play. Picking up a wounded company with the hope that with marginal incremental funding they can see an outsized return. That approach doesn't focus on significant changes to the game but rather just getting something out the door that can be sold.

But anyway my original point is I find it almost ludicrous that people are spending money on accounts for this game. Given the development performance to date it is highly likely this game will never see retail or, if it does, at best it'll be a patched up version of what we are playing right now and at worst will last 12 months at best.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I know, right?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Duffy Swiftshadow
Let's look take a quick look at MMO graphics in '99 from the leading MMO at the time… oh god that's awful. Yea I think we're a few steps up from there much less '95. Graphics snobs are the best snobs, we can laugh at them together.
Decius
I think the investment strategy is to realize that the Minimum Viable Product that got funded was a little too minimum and not enough Viable, but that it's more than halfway there. Giving PFO a chance to fail based on its actual merits while getting most of the advantage of the costs already sunk into it is a high variance moderate expectation investment.

Most investors wouldn't invest heavily in that kind of math, but someone with a fair bit of domain-specific knowledge might believe the risk is lower than the average for this type of situation.
Edam
Hollowgrin
But anyway my original point is I find it almost ludicrous that people are spending money on accounts for this game. Given the development performance to date it is highly likely this game will never see retail or, if it does, at best it'll be a patched up version of what we are playing right now and at worst will last 12 months at best.

… and when the game does succeed in a big way people like you will be whining that its "unfair" that the purchasers of these accounts have such a headstart over everyone else and demand a reset. You canot have it both ways.

There was a huge demand for these accounts and random posters like yourself implying the purchasers were "stupid" and "wasted their money" does not change the fact that a substantial number of people actually play the game right now and see enough value in those accounts right now to compete to get them. You are missing the point entirely, people were buying these accounts for access to T3 gear in game right now - not as some prospective investment for some future version of the game.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post