Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Crusader: STR or DEX

Galdraith
I believe that Crusader should require Strength OR Dexterity as a secondary ability in order to even the playing field between those clerics with light and heavy melee weapons. This would provide clerics of all deities the ability to be crusaders. It is also consistent with the fact that Crusader grants a bonus to both Heavy and Light melee weapons.
Jokken
I'm going to take the train to crazy town and say take light weapon bonuses away from crusader. Make an armor feat that mirror's Crusader but uses Int/Dex has a medium armor keyword progression, boosts Wizard Expendables and gives light melee bonus. Wizard should have a melee weapon analog to mirror clerics.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Edam
Galdraith
This would provide clerics of all deities the ability to be crusaders.

Well not all deities, some have favored weapons that are neither light nor heavy weapons (a future Erastil with Longbow for example).

To be perfectly honest, Evangelist (medium armor feat which gives longbow/shortbow bonuses) should logically have been WIS/DEX not WIS/PER and the light weapons should then have attached to Evangelist. Perhaps Stephen thought a Cleric medium armor feat based on DEX that boosted ranged and light weapons was too strong.

Not to matter … Heavy Armor is quite nerfed in its current version. I only ever put on Oak and Steel against Ogres and otherwise wear Priest Chain and slot Healer.
Wolf of Rathglen
Jokken
I'm going to take the train to crazy town and say take light weapon bonuses away from crusader. Make an armor feat that mirror's Crusader but uses Int/Dex has a medium armor keyword progression, boosts Wizard Expendables and gives light melee bonus. Wizard should have a melee weapon analog to mirror clerics.

Except we already have clerics using light melee favored weapons; starknife and short sword with dagger and rapier to add later. Crusader is an analog to Dragoon heavy armor from Fighter College with a little more power for their spells and appropriate primary attributes. Ranged bonus is provided with divine attack in Evangelist armor feat which is medium armor and that fits with the ranged attack idiom.

Someone is just trying to get medium armor for his wizard without an arcane penalty.
Hammerfall: Like a waterfall, but tougher.
Wolf of Rathglen
Proxima Sin
Jokken

Except we already have clerics using light melee favored weapons; starknife and short sword with dagger and rapier to add later. Crusader is an analog to Dragoon heavy armor from Fighter College with a little more power for their spells and appropriate primary attributes. That's all melee in the thick of battle which is the opposite of arcane weapons and spells. (Ranged bonus is provided with divine attack in Evangelist armor feat which is medium armor and that fits with the ranged attack idiom.)

Someone is just trying to get medium armor for his wizard without an arcane penalty.
Wolf of Rathglen
Jokken

Except we already have clerics using light melee favored weapons; starknife and short sword with dagger and rapier to add later. Crusader is an analog to Dragoon heavy armor from Fighter College with a little more power for their spells and appropriate primary attributes. That's all melee in the thick of battle which is the opposite of arcane weapons and spells. (Ranged bonus is provided with divine attack in Evangelist armor feat which is medium armor and that fits with the ranged attack idiom.)

Decius
From a design perspective, I'm not sure the heavy armor arcane AB and epow penalty really makes much sense anyway. I could see either a role feature or a reactive feat slot justifiably reducing it, in addition to there being some armor that is Light in weight but has the Medium keyword as well, like elven chain or mithril.
Duffy Swiftshadow
As a Dex based Norgorber cleric I would certainly love such a change, helps smooth out and balance some of the annoyances of Clerics trying to actually use their sanctified weapons.

Does anyone actually use the Healer armor feat? Maybe convert that to a medium and light weapon focused cleric armor?

I tend to swap between Crusader and Swashbuckler depending on what role I'm filling or what type of mobs we're fighting.
Decius
Healer armor feat is great for tanking bosses.
Edam
Duffy Swiftshadow
Does anyone actually use the Healer armor feat? Maybe convert that to a medium and light weapon focused cleric armor?

I am wary of saying this as commenting that any feat or attack is actually useful in these forums tended to get an instant nerf in the past - however healer is the best of the cleric armor feats:
  • It is medium armor which is the "sweet spot" at T2 providing substantial physical and energy resistance
  • At high T2 (level 9 healer) you get 8% regeneration/round that stacks with the 10% from channel positive, assuming a Cleric with 1650 hitpoints that is 297 hitpoints regained every 6 seconds that can never be interrupted and even comes back when you are stunned

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post