Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Should We Modify The Keywords on Sanctified Attacks Until The Enchanting System Comes Online?

Jokken
I started this thread over on the Cleric section of the forums. When it became clear that this is due to a missing feature, I moved it over here.

Jokken
Cleric discussion has been in vogue this week, so I thought I'd bring up something that has been puzzling me for some time. What's up with the keyword progression on sanctified attacks? I get that the first keyword in the progression is replaced with the Sanctified keyword. All sanctified attacks have Sanctified as the first keyword in the progression. All sanctified weapons also have the first keyword of the weapon's progression on them as well so they match all keywords in the fighter based attacks with that weapon.

What I don't get is that at rank 5 you get a deity based keyword. These keywords do not exist on _any_ gear in the game. Therefore, in the game's current build, you cannot match all of the keywords in a sanctified weapon's progression. A rank 5 sanctified attack with a +3 Sanctified Steel weapon will always match one fewer keyword than it's counterpart from the dreadnought trainer. Am I missing something?

My guess is that the intent is in later development you would gain the deity keyword through your characters alignment and reputation with your temple. For example, I'm a CG Cleric of Gorum. Gorum's attacks have the Anarchic keyword. Once I have done sufficient tasks/investment with my temple I would be named rank 5 in affiliation with my temple and gain a title. Say, "Scion of Battle," this title on my character sheet would then provide the Anarchic keyword to all attacks and features that use them. If I leave the faith, I lose the keyword.

Even if I'm correct, however, that leaves us with a sub-optimal keyword matching system for sanctified attacks until we get a vigorous God pass in development (12+ months likely). If I'm close to correct about any of this I would suggest that, in the short term, you handle that level 5 keyword the same way you handle the level 1 words. Place both the deity based keyword and the regular weapon progression keyword on a T2 +3 Weapon. When development catches up, remove it.

This is further complicated a bit as the order of the keywords is slightly different for sanctified weapons. Greatsword sanctified attacks, for instance, require the normal Rank 5 keyword at Rank 3 (Razored) and never grants the Rank 3 keyword (Sharp). In this example, the sanctified greatsword could be fixed by adding the rank 3 keyword (sharp) to Gorum's Sanctified attacks at Rank 5 along with Anarchic.

I have been told with some authority that the keywords were planned to be implemented with the enchanting system. Until that system comes online, all sanctified weapons will be one keyword behind their non sanctified counterparts from rank 5 on. I have a +3 T2 Sanctified weapon and I currently won't be buying the Rank 5 sanctified attacks until I"m ready for Tier 3. Why? Because at this point there is absolutely no statistical benefit to doing so.

Here is my crowd forging proposal: Please add the keyword that is missing at rank 3 to rank 5 to all sanctified weapons. When enchanting is implemented and we can then add our deity related keyword remove the extra keyword.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Edam
My understanding was the sanctified weapon keywords would come from enchantment and actually come in at T2+4 …

EDIT: Found the relevant previous discussion:

https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/1695/

Stephen Cheney: The Level 5 keyword for deity-specific attacks is actually waiting on the enchanting system. You'll be able to put a Fire enchant on a sanctified Scimitar and be able to fully utilize both the Sarenrae-specific attacks and the more general One-Handed Sword attacks with the same weapon. (At least that's how it's supposed to work, I don't think I set it up in a way that precludes this, but if so, it's a mistake)
Seraph
Nice find. I guess the question is, can there be a stop-gap measure to give clerics access to that keyword until enchanting is implemented, such as with Jokken's suggestion?

Or just change the keyword progression on the attacks for the time being to use the regular sanctified progression for their weapon?

It would be nice to be able to use rank 5 versions of what usually end up being our signature attacks.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Decius
The interim measure that makes the most sense would be to put the "missing/extra" keywords on the +4 version of the weapons (or +3?), provided that change is fairly simple to implement and deimplement when enchanting is in.
Jokken
Edam
My understanding was the sanctified weapon keywords would come from enchantment and actually come in at T2+4 …

EDIT: Found the relevant previous discussion:

https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/1695/

Stephen Cheney: The Level 5 keyword for deity-specific attacks is actually waiting on the enchanting system. You'll be able to put a Fire enchant on a sanctified Scimitar and be able to fully utilize both the Sarenrae-specific attacks and the more general One-Handed Sword attacks with the same weapon. (At least that's how it's supposed to work, I don't think I set it up in a way that precludes this, but if so, it's a mistake)

Requiring a +4 Sanctified T2 Weapon to get that last keyword would make sense the way the keywords are currently laid on attacks. Rank 4 sanctified attacks match the keyword on a +3 Sanctified weapon. Rank 5 would only logically match the +4 and I'm ok with this.

I"m simply suggesting that until we get enchanting implemented, add on the normal rank 3 keyword at rank 5. That way rank 5 sanctified attacks have statistical meaning.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Jokken
Decius
The interim measure that makes the most sense would be to put the "missing/extra" keywords on the +4 version of the weapons (or +3?), provided that change is fairly simple to implement and deimplement when enchanting is in.

Or that would work even better. Problem is that it's a different word for every weapon. But you could modify each sanctified weapon to make sure it has the appropriate deity keywords for that weapon.
Seraph
Sanctified Longswords and Greatswords would need 2 new keywords to do that and the others would need 1 or 0.

Longswords currently stand in for the favored weapons of Iomedae (Longsword) and Sarenrae (Scimitar). Greatswords currently stand in for the favored weapons of Gorum (Greatsword) and Lamashtu (Falchion).

This is a little bit awkward, but shouldn't break anything.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Seraph
Oops, double post.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post