Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Lisa's End of the Year Keepsake Chat!

Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite
Is one of our resident techies going to record and publish? I don't think all of my guys can be there. There must be others as well.

I'll be there and recording as usual, I'll get it up on the streaming ASAP once it's over.
Bringslite
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite
Is one of our resident techies going to record and publish? I don't think all of my guys can be there. There must be others as well.

I'll be there and recording as usual, I'll get it up on the streaming ASAP once it's over.

Thanks in advance!
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Smitty
Any plans on if there will be an anniversary celebration? Think it was brought up if a previous chat just wondering if anything is able to be done in game for it etc..?
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
What is the total, unique subscriber numbers for PFO?

Is the "investor" prepared to make major changes, including a game engine upgrade?

Is this community willing to accept a full wipe if that is needed to remarket PFO to a broader player base?
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Bringslite
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon

Is the "investor" prepared to make major changes, including a game engine upgrade?

Is this community willing to accept a full wipe if that is needed to remarket PFO to a broader player base?

#3 Is both irrelevant and can't be answered by Lisa.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Bringslite
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon

#3 Is both irrelevant and can't be answered by Lisa.

It is absolutely not irrelevant, becuase it may be something that Lisa factors in as to whether or not she accepts a specific investor's offer.

As for whether or not she can answer the question, she may have that knowledge. It may be possible that she has had many conversations with players and can answer, having the pulse of the community. Perhaps you could allow her to answer the question or are you the gate keeper?
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Bringslite
I am no gate keeper. I do play this game, and with a considerable number of others. Lisa doesn't know the answer to that question, though I will say she might have a theory for an answer.

Edit: OK you fixed that. Either the investor will take the project on and will do a wipe as part of the deal, do so outside of a part of the deal, or not do it. Lisa still doesn't know the answer as to whether to "community" will accept it. Hell, the "community" doesn't know.

Better to ask: "Will the new investor do a complete wipe as a part of trying to make the game appeal to a wider audience?" This is money. I know that Lisa seems to value and appreciate us, and I assume that Investors will as well, but we are small and the money is big. You have to do whatever it takes to make sure the money returns and brings extra back with it.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
PFU Hoffman
in case anyone does not have the info, the chat is at:

golarion.mumble.com port 3093
Pathfinder University - A place for new players in their first 90 days.
Decius
Personally, I see no book in buying Goblinworks and the costs they have sunk into PFO, then scrapping that work and losing most of that customer base.
Decius
One unedited recording will be available on Dropbox when it finishes uploading shortly.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post