Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Lisa's End of Year Address

Giorgio
Bringslite
Pardon me butting in here Giorgio. We were told that the Company (what can we call these guys for now?) will decide on that. Likely not until the deal is truly "finale". I would LOVE to be surprised sooner!

I don't know that, as I have been unable to listen to audio file due to lack of Internet/WiFi. That is why I requested a text summary of chat. smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Bringslite
Giorgio
Bringslite
Pardon me butting in here Giorgio. We were told that the Company (what can we call these guys for now?) will decide on that. Likely not until the deal is truly "finale". I would LOVE to be surprised sooner!

I don't know that, as I have been unable to listen to audio file due to lack of Internet/WiFi. That is why I requested a text summary of chat. smile

I did see your post mentioning that. This is my lazy contribution to a text brief for you. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Naharim
Thank you for the great news! You've made my, otherwise really cold - day!
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Question about "/stuck". Does logging out interrupt the timer? It would be good if we could type /stuck then logout and be moved on next login (as long as it's at least 5 minutes later).
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bob
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Question about "/stuck". Does logging out interrupt the timer? It would be good if we could type /stuck then logout and be moved on next login (as long as it's at least 5 minutes later).

You have to stay logged in. We don't actually know whether you're stuck or not, so the design is intended to make it undesirable for regular use.
Edam
Bob
Caldeathe Baequiannia

You have to stay logged in. We don't actually know whether you're stuck or not, so the design is intended to make it undesirable for regular use.

Yeah the exploit possibilities as a teleport are pretty obvious so its good that it is pretty limited.
Maxen
In other games I've played, a /stuck command instantly moves the character from its current location to a very close by location, usually no more than a few feet away. Was there a reason why a mechanic such as this would be undesirable? It's simply a way to get a character out of a tight spot. Not intended for teleport or abuse. Further, it usually has a cooldown timer of a minute once used, so a player putting themselves back in to the exact same situation would have to wait to use the command again.
Decius
Maxen
In other games I've played, a /stuck command instantly moves the character from its current location to a very close by location, usually no more than a few feet away. Was there a reason why a mechanic such as this would be undesirable? It's simply a way to get a character out of a tight spot. Not intended for teleport or abuse. Further, it usually has a cooldown timer of a minute once used, so a player putting themselves back in to the exact same situation would have to wait to use the command again.
Figuring out which close by location is stable is a nontrival problem.
Schedim
Hmmm you could give the transform just a push upward and then a push forward … like a timed jump. With a one minute timer or so, on that I cant really se any possibility for abuse…
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Quijenoth
I understand the need for a stuck command but there may be some potential for abuse with its current setup.

Right now the command kicks you to the nearest shrine. shrines are now exclusively in monster and home hexes. Direction does NOT take into account height transitions so while its intent is to push you 1-3 hexes from the hex you died in, if your shoved off a mountain you end up having to hike 5+ hexes back via the nearest transition hex.

The stuck command can therefore be utilized to reduce the journey time on bulk resource gathering. By loading a single character with all the bulk resources of your holdings you can then use the stuck command to teleport to a more convenient collection point and have a second (or more) person waiting at the shrine with a mule to transport the goods to your settlement. this could shave as much 5 hexes off the travel time - for multiple hauls that's a lot of time saved!

This issue is not exclusive to just bulk either - the stuck command could be used to bypass the need to transport mules up and down transitions without the longer run through transition hexes.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post