Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Lisa's End of Year Address

Giorgio
Giorgio
I don't know that, as I have been unable to listen to audio file due to lack of Internet/WiFi. That is why I requested a text summary of chat. smile

I was able to listen to the audio file in a local Barnes & Nobles, a few things:

1- Thanks for the shout out for Brenna Stonebreaker, that means a lot to me and my family. I am sure if she was with us a dwarven memorial would had caused her great embarrassment, immense joy, and non-stop ribbing by everyone who knew her. smile

2- The info on a new company and investors is positive and welcome; once we hear news from our new overlords and their plans for PFO, the easier it will be to bring back relapsed players and new ones.

3- Unity 5 sounds like a very good news, for all the reasons mentioned in dozens of threads on this topic.

4- Fixing the vaults is a major concern for many settlements that is long overdue for attention; hopefully EE11.1 gets it sorted out once and for all.

5- Looking forward to more news in JAN-FEB. smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Decius
Schedim
Hmmm you could give the transform just a push upward and then a push forward … like a timed jump. With a one minute timer or so, on that I cant really se any possibility for abuse…

How far forward? How far upward? The cliffs against the map edges are typical cases.
Schedim
Decius
Schedim
Hmmm you could give the transform just a push upward and then a push forward … like a timed jump. With a one minute timer or so, on that I cant really se any possibility for abuse…

How far forward? How far upward? The cliffs against the map edges are typical cases.

Well as you should be able to stand close to the wall, the forward push probably dont have to be great, the height is perhaps of another order of difficult…
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
A drop from max height 3 metres away in a random direction each time would eliminate many of those concerns
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
A drop from max height 3 metres away in a random direction each time would eliminate many of those concerns

It wouldn't get away from the cliff/edge. And making it 50 meters forward would jump up any cliff wall.
Schedim
Oki, clearly I'm not clear on the geometry of this chasm… A 50 m deep hole sounds like a problem that should be adressed in a other way than with a /stuck command…
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Decius
Schedim
Oki, clearly I'm not clear on the geometry of this chasm… A 50 m deep hole sounds like a problem that should be adressed in a other way than with a /stuck command…

The croplands around FTI are more than 50m below the forest. The place that I've seen people stuck most often is halfway down the cliff that leads off of the map edge, up against the impassable hex wall. Sometimes that is out of longbow range of anywhere safe to stand.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia

It wouldn't get away from the cliff/edge. And making it 50 meters forward would jump up any cliff wall.
Cliff edge-wall traps are (for the most part) a temporary artifact of the map not being full size. Once the walls are pushed out to the OE map, there should be no spots where there is a cliff that could end against a wall.

The reason I suggested a random direction was specifically to give a miniscule chance that the effect would take you in the right direction to go up a cliff. Since few of the "cliffs" are actually cliffs at the bottom, but rather very steep slopes that you can't get close to, at best, in virtually all instances, a less than 3 metre movement (in the right direction) will put you halfway up the cliff and falling again.

Depending on the level of work, the routine could check for the presence of pharasma's wall, and move 50 metres away from the wall instead of <3
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bob
We had various conversations about alternatives, but things usually got pretty complicated whenever we'd talk them through. The shrines seemed relatively safe and pretty easy to implement. Yes, you can game that system somewhat, but having to stand still for 5 minutes makes it significantly less likely.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post