Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Introducing Sigil

Bob
Bringslite
Also, nice to see you back? Or is this Vaca posting? smile

Got a a couple days of vacation left, but I'll be back at work pretty soon, assuming jetlag doesn't smack me down too hard.
Doc
Aragon hasn't been a progenitor of banditry since AGC left it, despite what Bluddwolf might have let on. The guys who have effectively owned/run Aragon in the last 6 months should do themselves a favor and just rename it to something that they like and finally lose the legacy of that failed experiment.

Can you imagine if the most the server ganged up on Aragon like they did EoX?

They did, back before AGC left Aragon and then moved on to more or less operated alongside Xelias. Prior to that, there was an occasion Freevale and AGC went ahead and tried to engage in some combat with Ozem's Vigil, a pretty fair fight in my opinion despite the stupid respawn mechanics, and then the super secret server police alliance came up and took all of our stuff.

Or maybe, they will turn Aragon into a bustling freecity, full of villainy and cut-throats.

That was essentially the goal of AGC, but we failed to get control of a settlement before 90% of our (and the whole game's) playerbase left.
Bringslite
Doc
Aragon hasn't been a progenitor of banditry since AGC left it, despite what Bluddwolf might have let on. The guys who have effectively owned/run Aragon in the last 6 months should do themselves a favor and just rename it to something that they like and finally lose the legacy of that failed experiment.

Can you imagine if the most the server ganged up on Aragon like they did EoX?

They did, back before AGC left Aragon and then moved on to more or less operated alongside Xelias. Prior to that, there was an occasion Freevale and AGC went ahead and tried to engage in some combat with Ozem's Vigil, a pretty fair fight in my opinion despite the stupid respawn mechanics, and then the super secret server police alliance came up and took all of our stuff.

Or maybe, they will turn Aragon into a bustling freecity, full of villainy and cut-throats.

That was essentially the goal of AGC, but we failed to get control of a settlement before 90% of our (and the whole game's) playerbase left.

All of that actually happened during the first 2 months of play. Aragon was the only settlement that lost most or all of it's tower's (if I remember right) and then things equalized again. There wasn't really any ongoing thing there or any "Soupor Sekrit Pol Ice" Keeping the pressure on. Not sure what happened to Gpunk and why he quit. Was there even much of a starting Land Rush vote pop in Freevale at the start?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Decius
Gpunk killed Freevale by fiat.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
Was there even much of a starting Land Rush vote pop in Freevale at the start?
There were about 20 until the day after the Landrush closed, when Gpunk unilaterally kicked out the members of the other group(s) that supported him and allowed him to get a spot.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Doc
There wasn't really any ongoing thing there or any "Soupor Sekrit Pol Ice" Keeping the pressure on.

If we had known prior that Ozem's Vigil and Forgeholm was in a secret alliance with EBA we never would have started a battle in the first place. No pressure needed to be kept on because we basically all thought to ourselves "fuck it, what's the point".

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2rc6q?Freevale-is-under-new-management#1

That whole thread just highlights how silly it is to spend years doing all the pre-game build up non-sense. I see the same thing happening with games like Chronicles of Elyria, and I'm sure an equal number of people will become disillusioned (as were with PFO) after years of teasers when the game actually opens up for people to play with it.

I feel bad for all the pre-game daydreamers in the Star Citizen forums, coming up with these grand ideas of all the stuff their going to do. Heh. Why I just wait till open beta to see what is up and what can be done. I guess with PFO because of that we missed out on having a settlement, but then I suppose in the grand scheme of things we didn't really miss out - assuming the new company will do a new landrush and all. If they don't they'd be mad.
Edam
My vague recollection of that time (because Keeper's Pass as a non-aggressive Representative Democracy always took so long to decide what to vote for that things were always decided and over before we could ever get around to forming a consensus smile ) is that EBA was actually split over whether to ever involve non EBA settlements in PvP actions or form extended military alliances, as most were too far away for EBA to help defend if their were repercussions.

On the plus side, it demonstrates the map design and size has actually been quite good in limiting the ability to project power more than 5 or 10 hexes from home.

EDIT: But yes this all has nothing to do with Sigil or the current political setup.
The Eternal Balance
Tigari
Abby something or other
Finally a reason to feud Aragon. Thanks for the tip.

This is just full of fail… LOL. "Finally a reason to fued Aragon", isn't "because I want to" enough? Are you afraid of what others might say if you become aggressive for no other reasons? That you started a fued on a chaotic settlement?
Hell, make up some RP reason if that's your cup of tea.

Also, there was no tips given here. If you were not aware that Aragon was going for Freevale, then you are no one Aragon needs to worry about. I've been out of the game until about a week ago, and I was aware of this.

And if you did know about it, and just wanted to sound "tough", well, you failed.

Yes, the choices in game are meant to be made for *reasons* not simply for laughs.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Tigari
The Eternal Balance
Tigari
Abby something or other
Finally a reason to feud Aragon. Thanks for the tip.

This is just full of fail… LOL. "Finally a reason to fued Aragon", isn't "because I want to" enough? Are you afraid of what others might say if you become aggressive for no other reasons? That you started a fued on a chaotic settlement?
Hell, make up some RP reason if that's your cup of tea.

Also, there was no tips given here. If you were not aware that Aragon was going for Freevale, then you are no one Aragon needs to worry about. I've been out of the game until about a week ago, and I was aware of this.

And if you did know about it, and just wanted to sound "tough", well, you failed.

Yes, the choices in game are meant to be made for *reasons* not simply for laughs.
No where in my post did I say someone should do something for laughs. I said that people looking for "reasons" to do something us getting old. If you want to do it, do it, if you don't, then don't.
Ogden Hales
Best of luck!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post