Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

What really happened there?

Edam
I think its pretty obvious that if you have players with limited play time that are trying to meet time consuming in game goals and instead find themselves committing whatever game time they have to almost entirely to PvP they will eventually quit.

To be honest though I think very few people had issues with EoX at that point (other than the odd individual on both sides that seemed to take it personally) but a lot of people had issues with the Devs deliberately setting up a situation where non stop feuding style PvP was easily maintainable 24/7 and there was no absolutely way for the targets to prevent it other than take down their own holdings. Clearly Ryan was trying to encourage PvP at all costs assuming an influx of PvP guilds might somehow save the dev team at the last minute but it was not good politics on GW part.
Midnight
Bringslite
Midnight
I spend the influence required to engage in military style objective-oriented sanctioned PvP and when you don't show up you're thwarting "killer style players"?

The spin is strong with this one.

That bolded part there? That really isn't anyone's fault except GWs. saying that it is spin is disingenuous. You had your war. Had kept up the pressure until the other side was fatigued and stopped playing the game your way. You got bored and many of you left.

You got to eat ALL the cookies in the jar as fast as possible until the jar was empty and would not refill. This comment looks like you are disturbed that the jar did not keep refilling for your pleasure.

You missed my point. *I* am not objecting to the fact they didn’t show up. I’m objecting to his portrayal of us in suggesting he thwarts “Killer style players” when he doesn’t show up after we jump through all the hoops for the objective-oriented military-style sanctioned PvP that is outpost and holding warfare.

I can’t make anyone show up, and agree with you that only GW can.

I CAN point out how sadly he’s spinning propaganda, though in his shameless portrayals of his opponents.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Bringslite
Midnight
Bringslite
Midnight
I spend the influence required to engage in military style objective-oriented sanctioned PvP and when you don't show up you're thwarting "killer style players"?

The spin is strong with this one.

That bolded part there? That really isn't anyone's fault except GWs. saying that it is spin is disingenuous. You had your war. Had kept up the pressure until the other side was fatigued and stopped playing the game your way. You got bored and many of you left.

You got to eat ALL the cookies in the jar as fast as possible until the jar was empty and would not refill. This comment looks like you are disturbed that the jar did not keep refilling for your pleasure.

You missed my point. *I* am not objecting to the fact they didn’t show up. I’m objecting to his portrayal of us in suggesting he thwarts “Killer style players” when he doesn’t show up after we jump through all the hoops for the objective-oriented military-style sanctioned PvP that is outpost and holding warfare.

I can’t make anyone show up, and agree with you that only GW can.

I CAN point out how sadly he’s spinning propaganda, though in his shameless portrayals of his opponents.
If I missed your point (pretty obvious) and that was it, then I should not have commented. I yield to the point that you rebutted my comment with, Sir Midnight.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Phyllain
So from what I'm reading in here (ignoring midnight and decius talking aorund each other) is Doc is unhappy that power projection is easy enough that if the EBA had wanted to they could have influenced every single conflict on the map (not saying they would have but they could have) and brings is confused about why doc is unhappy that he made friends with a bigger power to help him win his fight?
Edam
Phyllain
So from what I'm reading in here (ignoring midnight and decius talking aorund each other) is Doc is unhappy that power projection is easy enough that if the EBA had wanted to they could have influenced every single conflict on the map (not saying they would have but they could have) and brings is confused about why doc is unhappy that he made friends with a bigger power to help him win his fight?

The map is actually quite a bit too small long term and power projection will change once it expands, however its worth bearing in mind their is a difference between temporarily influencing a battle and sustaining that power projection.

Taking towers/holdings on the other side of the map is easily achieved by any large settlement that can get enough players to log in at the same time. However defending them longterm is going to end up with a "US coalition trying to withdraw from Iraq" scenario. Taking stuff the other end of the map is feasible, holding it afterwards is another matter.
Bringslite
Phyllain

Not so much that, Phyllain and not that they helped us win our fight. The battles that we started discussing here were essentially between TFH and Freevale with a little dab of AGC from Aragon. It certainly isn't measurable as "help" when no one is around to defend.

Dragging it into the future beyond that wasn't what I started the first clarification on, but it's a fine topic segue way because I think Doc isn't happy about any of it. If I'm confused, it's because nothing outside of an ordinary sandbox happened to anyone, so I can't fathom why he would have been so mad or stay so mad. Almost like he was victimized? (no offence meant there Doc)

Edit: and it certainly wasn't like it was weeks and weeks of PVP going against him. It was a few nights.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Wow. Completely wrong thread!
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Ravenlute
Did I get that right? Did Doc dig up a thread from Aug 2014? Or was Bringslite pulling up a quote from an ancient thread? It was a flash in the pan of backstabbing that has happened in PFO but alright. I'll wear that badge. That thread was all about in-house events that could have easily happened after release as well. Any pre-planning that was done helped keep an interest in the game.

I don't have a clue what this current thread is about. Maybe an EBA and Ozem's thing? Anyway, I'll leave you all to it. smile
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Bringslite
Ravenlute
Did I get that right? Did Doc dig up a thread from Aug 2014? Or was Bringslite pulling up a quote from an ancient thread? It was a flash in the pan of backstabbing that has happened in PFO but alright. I'll wear that badge. That thread was all about in-house events that could have easily happened after release as well. Any pre-planning that was done helped keep an interest in the game.

I don't have a clue what this current thread is about. Maybe an EBA and Ozem's thing? Anyway, I'll leave you all to it. smile

Nothing going on at all. A moved convo (from another thread) that, when I moved it, I thought: "I don't think we all saw the same things in that particular set of happenings. I wonder if there are others? (as if that isn't the norm default)?"
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Let's try a new discussion. Let's see what we all saw and/or took away from a different subset of conflicts. I realize that a subset will ever lead to references and derails toward the superset that it comes from, but lets give it a shot anyway.

The Battle of Blackwatch as it is called.

Having accomplished (or as close as possible) what it's main goal was, basically the dissolution of Phaeros (or at least a great weakening) why did Golgotha pursue those that wanted to leave? One of Golgotha's oft shouted conditions was that Phaeros citizens would LEAVE PHAEROS if they wanted respite from war. That doesn't appear to have been true.

So, why exactly did Golgotha continue to press those that left?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post