Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Playing PFO without internet at home

Giorgio
So I moved to Florida on Dec 3, 2015 and (cross fingers) hope to start a new job on January 11, 2016. If things go well I might be able to afford a new internet service in my new appartment in mid to late February. In the meantime I lack an Internet connection to play PFO on my wife's (old) laptop.

I am looking for recommendations on where I can get a strong and free Wi-Fi conection so I can start playing PFO again.

So far my experiances has yielded:
-Community laundry room (1 MB download speed)
-Barnes and Nobles (4 MB download speed )

Anyone else been in a similar experience and has any good recommendations to share? smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Usually public libraries have free wi-fi that you can use as long as you're silent. You can get headphones to listen to any sound in the game. If it's a nice day there may be a bench or something outside you can sit at and still get the signal, and then you could talk as well because you wouldn't be bothering anyone. Also places like McDonalds and Starbucks come to mind.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Decius
Community college library? They often have "study rooms" where you can do anything you want without making noise, and nobody checked whether I was a student.
harneloot
Have you tried the B&N? That speed might be enough…
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Giorgio
Starbucks and Internet Cafes don't charge you for Wi-Fi, but they expect you to actually buy something to eat or drink while you are using their services. Go figure… smile

Community collages and university are a possibility, as long as the don't do an ID or Student Number check.

harneloot
Have you tried the B&N? That speed might be enough…

Edited my OP to remove "search" and replace it with "experience"; I did go to B&N and try it, and the results where not good.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

Bringslite
Good luck Giorgio. We are missing you in game for more than an occasional short appearance.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
I have actually found its possible to play using a tethered cell phone though it very much depends on reception and what you are trying to do in game.

I generally only use it if my main net drops out for some reason and I need to rescue a mule or finish a trade.
Jokken
Talk to the local library. Many have begun checking out wifi tethers at no cost.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Giorgio
I went to a different B&N, and this one has a 9.6 MB download speed. I was able to downloaded and install the game, but it is crashing every time I get pass the character selection screen. I am trying to figure out what is going on with Bob. smile

The Eternal Balance
Glad there is progress!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post