Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Crafters Clearing Gate for Lvl 17

Takasi
Unbreakable matches every keyword in General's Banded. Archers need better Armorsmiths though.

One thing to also keep in mind is that Archers and Clerics can still get the primary benefit of armor by simply training proficiency 3. You have fewer keywords matching, but some builds (especially clerics with T3 spells) can get huge advantages from this with ePow vs ePro.
Decius
If you don't match the second major keyword, you don't get more epow or pro. You can't get the 150 base defense or high roll, I believe, but I'm not positive.
Takasi
You still get the high defense bonus (it's not 150 base it's +100 for T3, +50 for T2).

You don't get the ePro so any T3 (and even T1 and T2) beneficial ePow effects are better than if the armor keywords did match.
Drogon
Takasi
Priest's Battle Focus is 16. I have several in stock right now up to +2's. They also have their implement which is something rogues can't get without an engineer 17.

Right now other than weaponsmith (sanctified weapons, shortsword, greatsword), engineer (for rogue and expert kits at 17) and armorsmith (cleric armor) there is very little demand for any other finished crafter to go beyond 16 other than to make their queue faster (which can be done with facility level) or to make items with fewer mats.

Artificer at 18 is very useful for psychic staff/t3 spell book using Wizards smile
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Takasi
It's not incredibly useful considering the effort. A level 16 crafted Diminishing Staff/Wand also has the T3 Intelligent keyword, and at +2 you're getting expansive too. You also do very well with a higher + Archemage spellbook from a level 15 artificer.

There are no mobs that you can't kill today with T2, and none of these minor tweaks are going to help anyone outnumbered in PvP. The max base damage at T3+3 is 100. With buffs and conditions you can raise it to 170+. That 5-10 extra damage you finally squeak out at end game is realistically 3% to 6% of the maximum and takes hundreds of times the xp, mats, recipes and organization to do it.

And I still believe that in this game a party of six well trained day one players can take down a ten year vet. That's an attractive feature to new players that's very rare in other MMOs.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I'm supplying T3 Holy Symbols and Focci right now. +0 unless you have higher level refined goods. Let's make a deal.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Thod-Theodum
I think long term nobody will have it as easy as a crafter to progress.

Tier 1: all your gates ate already available on many auction houses. EL tries to keep complete T1 recipes listed but all it takes is a few refined goods - a lot of them also available. This will only get better with 4 week listings and a higher population.

Tier 2: recipes are less common on the market. This is still a market where it depends whom you know. But this surely will follow in the footsteps of T1. Already there is a good selection of T2 recipes on the EL AH.

Tier 3: I did post T2+4 refined goods for the level 15 gate. I have seen a first +5 for gating to appear on the AH (no - I didn't post it - I'm tempted to buy if it would be 60% of what it is). Just in the last week I sold a level 16 tailor recipe. The offer was just too good to say no. I did buy some first T3 raw materials on our AH which enabled me a deal to generate some T3 goods.

Items that are pretty unique will always go for a premium. Anyone remembering my first puplic auction of a T2 armour here. You would get it for a fraction today in many places.

I'm not saying T3 recipes ever will be cheap - but expect some availability - for the right price. Yes - some things might cost you a lot of gold - more then most players will be willing to spend. But in my mind this is a market and a game working as designed.

The lack of availability of cutting edge recipes is not indicative of long term availability. Right now you have the option

A) be lucky
B) pay over the odds
C) be patient

Nothing wrong with option c). There is also another reason why I think these gates need to stay exclusive. We already have an Armoursmith 14 who only became Armoursmith because of ability gains. We don't want in this game that every fighter is a secondary Armorsmith or Weaponsmith level 18, every rogue is a Tailor or Jeweller level 18, etc.

Make it too easy and you devalue the true crafter.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Edam
Thod-Theodum
Nothing wrong with option c). There is also another reason why I think these gates need to stay exclusive. We already have an Armoursmith 14 who only became Armoursmith because of ability gains. We don't want in this game that every fighter is a secondary Armorsmith or Weaponsmith level 18, every rogue is a Tailor or Jeweller level 18, etc.

lol .. yeah my level 15 Weaver was originally my combat archer taking Weaver for ability increases. He is now T3 in Archer and Weaver but has only fired a bow twice since the great archer nerf of 2015 so it is lucky for him that he had Weaver to fall back on or he would be unemployed.

To be fair there are two efficient ways to get a T3 crafter:
  1. Double crafting (Weaponsmith/Armorsmith for example)
  2. Combat Crafter (Archer/Weaver for example)

The exception is Wisdom based crafts where a Salvager/Forestor/Crafter works. Presumably a Miner/Crafter will also work with a high enough level in Miner.
Bob
We'll definitely take a look at some of these gaps and oddities, though a lot of that will happen when we're in a better position to create more items to fill in those blanks. Some of this is just going to involve those occasional blips that hit the players who come in while the world is still training up, and then won't be a problem once a few people have trained all the way up and can feed the high-end of the economy.
Edam
Bob
We'll definitely take a look at some of these gaps and oddities, though a lot of that will happen when we're in a better position to create more items to fill in those blanks. Some of this is just going to involve those occasional blips that hit the players who come in while the world is still training up, and then won't be a problem once a few people have trained all the way up and can feed the high-end of the economy.

If you fill the gaps with recipes of things to be implemented later that have no matching roles or game mechanics yet, people probably will not mind too much making one "currently useless" item for a gate.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post