Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Domain Problems

Caldeathe Baequiannia
New Players do not feel it is clear that they may be spending XP on things that they will lose access to one day if they don't follow the right god.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tigari
Explaining a non-existant mechanic (like Alignment/the Deity system) and how it works with the training feats can be hard with some one who's never played a tabletop like pathfinder, or ever really role played.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Yea, it's one of the first things I bring up when a new player says they want to do cleric stuff. It's the biggest mechanical pitfall you could unknowingly fall into right now.
Bringslite
Domain Transfer Bill

Go until you're a Law!
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
The lack of any information (probably because the devs have no idea what the are eventually implementing) makes it hard talking to new players. There were hints that the first level or two of domains might be open to unaffiliated clerics. Whether you lose access to those on committing to an opposing (or even just different)clerical faction is unclear. Whether you simple need to advance in a deity faction or must also be in a settlement that supports a particular deity is totally unclear. The whole issue of cross deity training is a can of worms.

Atonement and retraining seems unlikely to ever be a thing.

Best advice at the moment is "do not train anything to a level you cannot justify with immediate benefit, assume that at some stage you may lose access to any cleric feat" .
Bringslite
Off OP but same problem. Two days running I have seen new players ask "So it's an early access sub, but is there a wipe on the horizon?"

If we could just get that info from the "potential investors", it would be nice for answering that question with more honesty and more directly.

"Uhm, There is no impending wipe. Ahh, except for only exp is sacred. Oh, and there are new investors most likely, uhm and we don't know what they are going to do for sure. All in all, a very safe thing to sub if you like the game."
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Is this already noted somewhere? -> Strength Domain doesn't seem to give the Effect: Encumbrance +12 (at rank 1) or at any rank whether slotted or not. Whether slotted and reclogging or not.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Azure_Zero
Funny it seems to be working for me, but I'll double check it tonight.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Any chance you have something else slotted that is adding an equal or larger bonus on the same channel?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bringslite
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Any chance you have something else slotted that is adding an equal or larger bonus on the same channel?

That is an interesting question. I have strong back 3, encumbrance bonus 7, and pioneer armor feat 9. Is it one of those? I didn't know that passive bonuses use channels <– As in actually didn't know smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post