Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

SBEMU IS BACK!

Zycor
Sup guys Zycor here. A lot of you guys are really looking to Crowfall, I am for sure. If you're bored and want to play a game and not have to pay $150 for early access, or $400 for alpha. Then come check out SBEMU. Here's instructions and quick start videos.

Hop in Discord for more help/info!

https://discord.gg/0brwm9j58IsgCPS1
Link to my Youtube (Shows some basic shits):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMQXRUVbaLng-xUzxyKYxtMAT49EW4w9A
Link to DL:

http://shadowbaneemulator.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24057&sid=3fac3bd5f491fe2b5b3791cbb9b7198c
Link to Builds:

http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php/Main_Page

http://z13.invisionfree.com/shadowbane/ar/f14.htm

http://sb-guts-n-glory.enjin.com/forum/m/30913903/viewforum/5721117
Illililili
What ever happened to the Chinese company that bought Shadowbane's assets? Did they ever do anything with the game?
The Eternal Balance
Why exactly are you here hawking another game? Doesn't that kinda make you even more of a _______?
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
arty155jln
The Eternal Balance
Why exactly are you here hawking another game? Doesn't that kinda make you even more of a _______?
Sometimes I wish the city building and siege mechanics of SB were in PFO. SB is not the game I will be playing going forward, but it holds fond memories for me.
Illililili
arty155jln
The Eternal Balance
Sometimes I wish the city building and siege mechanics of SB were in PFO. SB is not the game I will be playing going forward, but it holds fond memories for me.

Well, yes, but a better version of those mechanics. It was far too easy to screw up and make a very bad city for use and defense…
Zax
The Eternal Balance
+1
arty155jln
Illililili
arty155jln
The Eternal Balance

Well, yes, but a better version of those mechanics. It was far too easy to screw up and make a very bad city for use and defense…
City building was an art form in SB. I'm not sure how the exact mechanics work in PFO, but from what it seems there are minimal choices of how to layout a city, and since there are no walls (currently) there is not really any reason for strategy on a city layout.

I would like to see us be able to make choices that matter in all aspects of the city, from what is protected (kind of like threads for personal gear, but for cities) to victory conditions for taking over a settlement.
Illililili
arty155jln
Illililili
arty155jln
The Eternal Balance

City building was an art form in SB. I'm not sure how the exact mechanics work in PFO, but from what it seems there are minimal choices of how to layout a city, and since there are no walls (currently) there is not really any reason for strategy on a city layout.

I would like to see us be able to make choices that matter in all aspects of the city, from what is protected (kind of like threads for personal gear, but for cities) to victory conditions for taking over a settlement.

I agree we should be able to build walls and gates, and choose who can use them (settlement or open access) and we should be able to set the guards to either attack either those not in the settlement or a specific list of settlements, clans and/or people.

However, I would also point out, as I did in my Draw post, that one of Shadowbane's problems was that is was relatively "too easy" to crush other cities (especially with large alliances) and this was the direct cause of at least my server failing; as a result I would recommend the adoption of the bonuses I listed in that thread for city defenders.
arty155jln
Illililili
However, I would also point out, as I did in my Draw post, that one of Shadowbane's problems was that is was relatively "too easy" to crush other cities (especially with large alliances) and this was the direct cause of at least my server failing; as a result I would recommend the adoption of the bonuses I listed in that thread for city defenders.
I have a different take on cities/settlements and believe that they should be easy come easy go mechanics. It should be NPC settlements that create stability for players. While saying that, I do recognize I'm in the minority of a player base that is ok with having to rebuild a city from scratch (had to do it numerous times in SB after losses).

So I would be ok with a way to keep the settlement structures intact or to have better defenders, as long as there was a way to siege/PvP for ownership of the settlement.

The great thing about SB was you could have a max character in 3 days - the game was about having fun in PvP, mine fights every night, solo PvP during off times and sieges for the big group PvP stuff. It's the same attitude of getting into a PvP match in a battleground, but in a persistent living world.
Ravenlute
arty155jln
The great thing about SB was you could have a max character in 3 days

One of the things that drew me to PFO was that it takes a long time to level up, that there are no people who max out in a weekend.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post