Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

SBEMU IS BACK!

Edam
Ravenlute
arty155jln
The great thing about SB was you could have a max character in 3 days

One of the things that drew me to PFO was that it takes a long time to level up, that there are no people who max out in a weekend.
Personally I think games that let you level that quickly really suck.

You might as well just play a spawn and kill game with no character progression at all. Just do capture the flag and be done with it.
arty155jln
Edam
Ravenlute
arty155jln
The great thing about SB was you could have a max character in 3 days

One of the things that drew me to PFO was that it takes a long time to level up, that there are no people who max out in a weekend.
Personally I think games that let you level that quickly really suck.

You might as well just play a spawn and kill game with no character progression at all. Just do capture the flag and be done with it.
SB wasn't about character progression rather it was about character creation. It took days or weeks to put together a good build in your head/on paper, and then a small amount of time to actually create the character you wanted. I loved all of the diversity that SB gave the players. SB was about using your character as a tool to the greater game of chess of men, fighting over player built cities (aka PvP).

The problem with most "spawn and kill" games is they are not persistent; and that is the big draw for me in PvP games. I like to see kingdoms rise and fall over the years, not in a few minutes of a battleground. EvE is a good combination of character progression and character creation.

We will never see eye to eye on the issue (I'm guessing) because it's a design philosophy difference. I like to see games where characters are valid from day 1, and it is all about horizontal progression. PFO still has too much vertical progression to be a "perfect" system, for me. However PFO currently gives me the most fun with it's character progression system.

Still, we are both here playing PFO, so we do have some common connection with fun we are having in game. I will always give accolades to Shadowbane for what I feel it gave to the MMO genre.
Flynn Pontis
Arty that was beautiful. smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post