Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Concerns over Settlement Costs

Midnight
Edam
Lets be honest here.

Any wipe would need to be complete including XP and people do NOT deserve a cash refund for used subs as they were paying for access to the game to PLAY it which they recieved in full.

I have accounts where the /played time would come to less than an hour.

Multiple accounts are an investment in the future, and I have NOT gotten anywhere near my money's worth from any account but one.

I intended to eventually get my money's worth (in my decade long PFO playing plan), because I trusted the devs' promises, and playing new characters with the knowledge gained from playing previous characters would likely make them more of the character I want later.

I'd bet MOST players who have multiple accounts won't feel they got their money's worth from multiple accounts if there was a wipe and no subscription credit was offered and no xp was kept.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Azure_Zero
Midnight
….

I'd bet MOST players who have multiple accounts won't feel they got their money's worth from multiple accounts if there was a wipe and no subscription credit was offered and no xp was kept.

This, and even those who invested time and effort into the game would NOT like a wipe.

The possible new devs, according to Lisa from Keepsidechat, would like to keep the KS promises that were made.
This would very much likely include the promise on XP and that NO wiping of XP will likely happen.
Decius
If you make an account and never play it, there's no way to ever get your money's worth.
Tigari
I had 3 active accounts (only 1 right now) and I still hope they do a wipe. I have no agenda ( no problems with my build, nothing I need to do over different), I have many many man hours already invested into the game, and while I'd like to be credited game time back, I have no expectations of it, and I still think the game would be better off with a wipe.

Would it suck to lose all the hard work and hours I put to the game? Hell yea! Would it be slightly discouraging? You bet! BUT, it all comes down to me thinking it would be better for the game overall. Promises be damned, I'd rather see the game talked about in the blogs, than some new company feel obligated to keep GW promises. And j don't think the game from the blogs can happen with out a wipe. To many little trips and bumps along the way so far, and I just don't think new players want to come into the current game we have do far. I'm thinking of a wipe as a second chance for the game.
Tigari
Decius
If you make an account and never play it, there's no way to ever get your money's worth.

Couldn't be more wrong. I'm willing to bet that if the game didn't have this hiccup, that a blank aged account would be worth more then you payed for, for all the months subbed. A new player would get all that banked XP instantly.
The Eternal Balance
I have faith the new developers - if they appear - can move the game along to glorious new heights, no wipe required.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Huran
The game would have to go through a serious overhaul for me to come back after a wipe. Not saying a wipe is not the best solution, just saying having to go through all the grinding for achievements a third time (first being Alpha) is tiring and boring. Frankly I don't think I would have the strength to go through all of that again.

My wife is in the same boat, we have better things to do than play the same game over again a third time through.

If the game is different enough after a wipe, then I can see us coming back to something fresh and exciting.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Doc
Additionally, if there was a wipe and a new company, and a new relaunch or somesuch - the new developers could probably convince the gaming media to do new reviews at websites like mmorpg.com. I suppose that would probably be contingent on a wipe coinciding with an actual "official" launch, per industry norms.

I mean shit, Albion Online is more of a sandbox than PFO in my opinion, and it has had 3 or 4 wipes already since Alpha, and people still log in by the tens of thousands to do all of it over again each time. And it is sooooooooooo grindy. More grinder than PFO I feel.

Why bring this topic up now? Honestly, I'm trying to do a psy-op to get people use to the idea now so they may be more amenable to the concept later when I feel it is a pretty certain eventuality. As much as I would like much of the existing player base to just go away, realistically the more that stick around post-wipe the better off PFO would be - able to help new players, get economy bootstrapped, create content, etc.
Midnight
If I have to start from scratch, only time-credited subscriptions would be likely to keep me here.

If they wipe without crediting us for subscription time, I can start all over again on PROVEN games, and on BETTER RATED NEW games, and even on FREE TO PLAY games that are CURRENTLY BETTER than PFO.

PFO is an interesting and promising niche game if they get it right (and I gambled big that they would), but I don't see myself coming back to a game if it has ripped me off by breaking its promises with both a wipe and no credit for subscription time bought.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
Decius

I never suggested I'd "never play it". I had a ten year plan for my play, and as the game changes and I learn the system more, I intended to crack open accounts with unspent xp every once in a while, expanding my choices of things to do as well as my global reach.

Such planning has worked wonderfully for me in 10 years of Eve-Online.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post