Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Concerns over Settlement Costs

Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
If you got anything more than 30 days equivalent subscription charged back, I'd change to a company that wasn't using my money to subsidize buyers' remorse or investment losses.
Bollocks!

Maybe you would. But if anyone tried to claim my purchase of goods and services was actually an investment, I'd have to ask to see last year's required SEC reports for a company with that many "investors."
Would you also ask to see the report from your jewelry store because some people bought jewelry as an investment?
So your answer to me saying this is not an investment is to try to make out as though I'm the one who thinks it's an investment? Nice try.
It's an investment for some people, and it's not an investment in the company selling the goods or services.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
If you got anything more than 30 days equivalent subscription charged back, I'd change to a company that wasn't using my money to subsidize buyers' remorse or investment losses.
Bollocks!

Maybe you would. But if anyone tried to claim my purchase of goods and services was actually an investment, I'd have to ask to see last year's required SEC reports for a company with that many "investors."
Would you also ask to see the report from your jewelry store because some people bought jewelry as an investment?
So your answer to me saying this is not an investment is to try to make out as though I'm the one who thinks it's an investment? Nice try.
It's an investment for some people, and it's not an investment in the company selling the goods or services.
And, that being the case, I have no obligation to feel bad for people who think their "investment" in a diamond ring is lessened because I get a refund when the diamond ring I bought turns out to be something other than I felt was advertised.

So the argument that you'd move your "investment" elsewhere if people get refunds from PFO seems spurious.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Bollocks!

And, that being the case, I have no obligation to feel bad for people who think their "investment" in a diamond ring is lessened because I get a refund when the diamond ring I bought turns out to be something other than I felt was advertised.

So the argument that you'd move your "investment" elsewhere if people get refunds from PFO seems spurious.
… I was talking about using a different card issuer, not a different merchant.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Bollocks!

So you imagine that if your card issuer gives a chargeback it's coming out of the card issuer's pocket (and therefore depreciating some investment you have somewhere?)? I confess, I'm surprised to hear you think that, Decius.

Edit: Ah! Or perhaps you think it would be effective as the company owner to switch card issuers, because you think that some other card company would agree with you that people who buy diamond rings as an investment should be protected from people who don't want to be mislead by advertising? Equally confusing. In any event, I'm fairly certain the decision on a charge-back involves the client's card issuer, not just the merchant's, so I'm pretty sure it won't help you.
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Bollocks!

So you imagine that if your card issuer gives a chargeback it's coming out of the card issuer's pocket (and therefore depreciating some investment you have somewhere?)? I confess, I'm surprised to hear you think that, Decius.

Edit: Ah! Or perhaps you think it would be effective as the company owner to switch card issuers, because you think that some other card company would agree with you that people who buy diamond rings as an investment should be protected from people who don't want to be mislead by advertising? Equally confusing. In any event, I'm fairly certain the decision on a charge-back involves the client's card issuer, not just the merchant's, so I'm pretty sure it won't help you.
Yes, but the merchant is going to win that dispute- meaning that the refund is coming out of the fees taken as overhead on my transactions.
Azure_Zero
Let's get back on topic please,

This is Concerns over Settlement Costs
Not This is how a credit card works
Hobson Fiffledown
Learn how to get 100,000 Avios miles by paying your quarterly settlement taxes with the right credit card.

***insert spam link here***
This space for rent.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Yes, but the merchant is going to win that dispute
Well, I guess when you have all the answers, there's not much point disgreeing.
Azure_Zero
A hem….

Azure_Zero

This is Concerns over Settlement Costs
Not This is how a credit card works
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Azure_Zero
A hem….

Azure_Zero