Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Concerns over Settlement Costs

Maxen
Darn, and I was going to give Decius and Cal an award for "Most Nested Comments".
Edam
Tigari
…This has happened MANY times with MMO's. They'll promise something in game, not be able to deliver, and everyone who things they got screwed tries to yell "illegal" or "Foul Play". Never worked for any of them. We pay purely for the right to play, as long as they give us that, they can do anything To the game, or in game they want.

On this issue I agree with Tigari.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
Tigari
…This has happened MANY times with MMO's. They'll promise something in game, not be able to deliver, and everyone who things they got screwed tries to yell "illegal" or "Foul Play". Never worked for any of them. We pay purely for the right to play, as long as they give us that, they can do anything To the game, or in game they want.

There is, notably, a small difference between "failing to deliver as intended" and taking back something you already delivered, that you specifically said you wouldn't take back. they might very well still manage to do it. I'm just saying, it's different.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Edam
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
Tigari

There is, notably, a small difference between "failing to deliver as intended" and taking back something you already delivered, that you specifically said you wouldn't take back. they might very well still manage to do it. I'm just saying, it's different.

Morally/Ethically perhaps.

Legally ? well that is another issue.

I am not overly familiar with the US jurisdiction however:
  • tort law - it is not a tort there is no duty of care and no case for negligence
  • contract law - it is not a specific term in any contract and would need to be "read in" some how as an implied term
  • statutory rights - may be possible depending on consumer law in the jurisdiction
  • equity - possible though apparently the US does not have separate courts of equity
Midnight
Edam
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
Tigari

Morally/Ethically perhaps.

Legally ? well that is another issue.

I am not overly familiar with the US jurisdiction however:
  • tort law - it is not a tort there is no duty of care and no case for negligence
  • contract law - it is not a specific term in any contract and would need to be "read in" some how as an implied term
  • statutory rights - may be possible depending on consumer law in the jurisdiction
  • equity - possible though apparently the US does not have separate courts of equity

The key words are Misrepresentation for civil and Fraud for criminal. But there are any number of reasonable ways to amend your ongoing plans without causing your customers enough loss to chase you, and my assumption is GW and NewCo will be reasonable. But the level of naivete of posters who think companies are untouchable by the consumers they wrong just astounds me. There's of course no guarantee that consumers will win but in these worst case scenarios of ramming through policies that breach the previous marketing, the term Misrepresentation just screams through the head of anyone who has spent even an hour studying business law.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Azure_Zero
A hem….

This is Concerns over Settlement Costs thread

Not
This is how a credit cards, contracts, works,
Or
NewCorp should do this,
or
ANY RL factor for or of the game.

So if it strays again, I'll ask bob to lock this thread.

If you wish to continue it, do so in a NEW thread.
Vadaryl
Has it been determined yet how many butterflies or moths are needed to support a settlement at level 20?

I am guessing we could use the medium structure of a temple for cost basis. So how many holding\outposts would it take to collect enough butterflies or moths for this to be possible?
Midnight
Azure_Zero
A hem….

This is Concerns over Settlement Costs thread

Not
This is how a credit cards, contracts, works,
Or
NewCorp should do this,
or
ANY RL factor for or of the game.

So if it strays again, I'll ask bob to lock this thread.

If you wish to continue it, do so in a NEW thread.
The O.P. (Original Poster) broached the subject with this post https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/4647/?page=9#post-53704 in this very thread.

If the O.P. thinks that the tangentential discussion that he instigated has run its course, and would like to steer the discussion elsewhere, I'm open to that.

However, given that the O.P.'s last post in this topic was this https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/4647/?page=20#post-53984 I see no reason to think the O.P. disapproves of the current tangent.

I'm using this post to document why I feel the devs should NOT intervene, before hearing from the O.P.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Azure_Zero
What you are doing is working on a chain that deserves it's own thread.

Original OP (Opening Post)
Midnight
Azure_Zero
What you are doing is working on a chain that deserves it's own thread.

Perhaps, but I'm trying to take my cues from the O.P. because it is his thread. There is no hard and fast rule on when to break off a tangential discussion elsewhere, especially when the O.P. embarks on that tangent and hasn't expressed any weariness of the tangential discussion and is still posting thoughts on that tangent 11 pages after starting the tangent.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post