Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Concerns over Settlement Costs

Duffy Swiftshadow
Since I've only seen a T3 armor get made I'll use that as a base: It takes at minimum around 10 days to make a lower + and quality T3 armor with good facilties, maybe a more realistic number is 13-15 but for illustration purposes it's not super relevant.

So your looking at about 3 a month per T3 armor crafter, which comes to about 36 a year. In the same time that crafter could make around 200+ T2+3 armors, depending on which type it seems to average around 1.5-2 days per armor. A T2 armor crafter can replace a party's armor in just under a week while it would take a T3 armorer 2 months in our ideal timeframe. Now a pretty good and pretty careful PvE group has a good chance of stretching their gear for a few months, but when we start running into real T3 escalations while in T2 gear I think we'll see more PvE churn. With the addition of more people and space becoming tighter we should see more PvP which will also result in more gear churn.

Additionally, we will most likely never have a crafter to combat character ratio that is weighted in favor of the crafters once the population gets going. Yes it's wacky now cause we got DTs and die-hards but as we become the minority the ratio will swing the other way. Dabbling for stat gates will offset this somewhat but as the game's options expand that may become less and less enticing.

So based on the time-frames alone, T3 is fairly impractical to supply everyone with it right off the bat. They add threading in and aside from impractical it becomes very risky if you can't cover it with your threads.
Quijenoth
Takasi
Nothing about this game is seen as a supercar. It's beyond what most would call a beater. It's frequently balked at by shoppers as a lemon. It might be sold for parts, junked for scrap or pushed off a cliff by hooligans. Yet I'm still rooting for this love bug.

you and me both smile

but the comparison is misjudged - the supercar is T3, the lemon is T1
Takasi
Well in that analogy I'm not driving a Bugatti or Lamborghini to work. I'll let it sit in my garage and take a few days off while I sit in a chair and stare at it. For that matter if I have a friend lending me that kind of car to commute then I'm probably going to quit my job and crash at his place from now on. If I still have to commute I'm going to drive a beater (T2). When this game becomes a demolition derby I'd much rather have a fleet of lemons (T1) on my side.
Decius
For the demo derby I'd rather have three t2 Caddies than ten t1 Harleys or a t3 hummer.
HowardWdW
So…there is no guarantee you will be allowed to turn your buildings on and off. A little bird whispered in my ear some time ago that if it were to be "possible" there would be a penalty to the buildings (downgrading their plus permanently over time).

The Dominion intends to have its suite of buildings at level 20 at all times.

The real way to stop this issue of turning buildings on and off is to remove the permanent support to level 20.

Everything is subject to change when the new company takes over anyway.
Quijenoth Starkiller
HowardWdW
The Dominion intends to have its suite of buildings at level 20 at all times.

Based on current known mechanics there aren't enough hexes for you to hold that claim without dominating three-quarters of the current map… one settlement, yes, three? No.
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Duffy Swiftshadow
I know we did the math at one point, but I forgot what it was so how many hexes are required to support a settlement at level 20? (For now not accounting for variance in type)
Quijenoth Starkiller
to support a level 20 settlement with all slots filled will take 70 holdings without using DI from infrastructures - with infrastructures your looking at about 40 holdings

edit: scratch that thats for level 18…

20 is closer to 150 (my calculater actually didnt go that high so making a guess based on 133 still leaving me short) WITH infrastructures - your probably looking at 200+ without

bulk resources break 6k per week!
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Takasi
Decius
For the demo derby I'd rather have three t2 Caddies than ten t1 Harleys or a t3 hummer.

The Harley brand is too good for that. I don't think any corporation would condone a gang of suicidal bikers crashing a wholesome old fashioned derby.
Duffy Swiftshadow
How's it look for level 15 training across the board?

Practically speaking what I'm imagining most likely happening is a few really well supported crafting towns will have the primary crafting buildings as high as possible and have the refining at much lower levels. While their allies or what not will focus on offering the combat training and will probably specialize in 1 or 2 of the roles as high as they reasonably can.

So for some fun math examples can someone give the hex and total bulk needed for the following setups:

Crafting: Large AH, the 5 medium crafting buildings at 20, and all the refining at say 12.
Combat #1: 1 Large, 2 Mediums at 20
Combat #2: 2 Large at 20
Combat #3: 4 Mediums at 20
Combat #4: 2 Large, 4 Medium at 20

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post