Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 11.1 Release Notes

Smitty
Think you are missing the point Takasi - the fact that the best mobs in the game for silver and T3 recipe drop rates are spawning in groups that have white and yellow mobs.. and they show up as soon as the escalation is active is what I don’t like about them and what I feel needs to be adjusted..
Other escalations types that have T3 drop chances.. require tons a work to get to the point those guys actually pop ( even with bad T3 drop rates).. and they are surrounded by high level monsters.. Usties on the other hand have the best mobs in the game, can be found in groups that have white and yellow mobs, and you have to do no work in order for them to show up at all.
If you had to kill 90% of an escalation to get it under 10% in order to get them to show up then it wouldn’t be so wonky ..
Takasi
It's still a horrible slog. It's like sitting at a boring slot machine for hours trying to hit it big when you could be doing something more fun like poker or taking in a show.

Rather than beating us down further with more nerf sticks please give us more carrots. Nobody wants to be the one to do 90% of the lifting to let someone else take the best 10%. Give rewards that match immediate merit. Put better than legend drop rate mobs in the other escalations so they're worth it. Bob has said that none of the mob drop rates for dark elves, elementals, mordant, crystals, duergar and targs are as good as legends. So add higher level mobs that drop better loot.

If you think the current Ustalav rewards are too high then tell us what you're seeing. That is the most important point when arguing that something is too rewarding. There aren't many people in the game doing Ustalavs because even if you're not risking a ton of gear on them it takes a great deal of time and effort for very little reward.

I also think the wilderness hexes should start seeing random "legend" ( or as Sin suggested "paragon" ) monsters. They should drop lots of good loot (or mule required salvage drops) but be rare and require a party of at least 4 well geared T2 players so that when someone (most likely a gatherer or traveler) finds them they have to call in help to beat them. That is essentially the same gameplay feature as a gusher (explore, find a unique pve experience that requires help, get lots of stuff).
Drogon
Takasi
I also think the wilderness hexes should start seeing random "legend" ( or as Sin suggested "paragon" ) monsters. They should drop lots of good loot (or mule required salvage drops) but be rare and require a party of at least 4 well geared T2 players so that when someone (most likely a gatherer or traveler) finds them they have to call in help to beat them. That is essentially the same gameplay feature as a gusher (explore, find a unique pve experience that requires help, get lots of stuff).
+1
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Tigari
Takasi
It's still a horrible slog. It's like sitting at a boring slot machine for hours trying to hit it big when you could be doing something more fun like poker or taking in a show.

Rather than beating us down further with more nerf sticks please give us more carrots. Nobody wants to be the one to do 90% of the lifting to let someone else take the best 10%. Give rewards that match immediate merit. Put better than legend drop rate mobs in the other escalations so they're worth it. Bob has said that none of the mob drop rates for dark elves, elementals, mordant, crystals, duergar and targs are as good as legends. So add higher level mobs that drop better loot.

If you think the current Ustalav rewards are too high then tell us what you're seeing. That is the most important point when arguing that something is too rewarding. There aren't many people in the game doing Ustalavs because even if you're not risking a ton of gear on them it takes a great deal of time and effort for very little reward.

I know I said nerf the usties, but that's only because I was under the impression they didn't want to add to much more T3. So to buff the others, you nerf the strong. I'm ok keeping usties where they, but making the other high t2's having slightly better buffs)
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Drogon
Takasi
+1
+1 I love this idea!
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Smitty
All for the wandering legends.. as long as it is easy to implement.. There is a ton of stuff that can be done.. but not sure how easy it is to do so.. wandering legends should be easy .. not sure about creating whole new mobs.. but reusing ones that are made with super high hp should be doable..
Back heroes and legends ..
Think it has already been said GW wants to add Heroes and Legends to many escalation types.. I don’t recall if they are tied to % of the escalation or if they are just random spawns at any %( been a long time since the escalations weren’t on easy mode) . If they are tied to % it needs to be the same as the Ustie version.. if they are just random spawns.. that is fine.. But they should give harder escalations better drop rates ..
How is that a stick/nerf ? Asking for the 7th hardest escalation to generate the 7th best loot in the game sounds reasonable to me..
I just don’t like the fact for now and the last 3 months T3 mobs spawn in a handful of escalations.. some of them are pretty hard and require 4 people to do efficiently .. then there are the Usties .. which are super freaking easy in comparison ..
Bringslite
The following is very rare but I have to think a little ironic. I am sure there are other incidents. A few months ago, a nice Saturday morning, I logged in at Ozem's. I went out just a wee bit past the hex border, saw a yellow ogre and killed him. A structure kit recipe fell into my bag. A few nights ago, another member was far from home helping by harvesting some mat we need and he killed a bandit (NPC). A Keep Structure Kit Recipe popped into his bag.

Weird but true tales of the beauty in casual drive by mob killing. Weird Lottery like treasure table results.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
On another note ENTIRELY.

I am very impressed with the backpack artwork. Love the little mugs and frypan and dagger and stuff hanging off the back. Looks great on strapped leather and the other more wildermess/rogue armors. Great addition to character customisation options.
Bringslite
Edam
On another note ENTIRELY.

I am very impressed with the backpack artwork. Love the little mugs and frypan and dagger and stuff hanging off the back. Looks great on strapped leather and the other more wildermess/rogue armors. Great addition to character customisation options.

Agreed. Nice work.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Vadaryl
Are we at a point to now begin discussing things for 11.2?

I ask as one feature that would be nice is that if a player aggros a thorn guard via attack that the thorn guards to stop attacking the player after killing them. As the game does not offer warnings to the new player and they are equipped and hot keyed with the softwood club they could attack a thorn guard and then proceed to be killed multiple times at a new player shrine that is protected by thorn guards.

Anywhere else it does not matter as a result of spawning at a monster home or escalation hex

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post