Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Delete character

Xateric
I click both delete buttons to delete my character but nothing seems to happen, is this feature not yet active?
Azure_Zero
They get deleted at server down tomorrow.

Server down will last one hour, and you Will not be able to log into the game at that time.
Xateric
Azure_Zero
They get deleted at server down tomorrow.

Server down will last one hour, and you Will not be able to log into the game at that time.

So anytime you delete a character it takes server downtime to delete….is there a way to stop the delete so I can keep playing him?
Duffy Swiftshadow
I feel like there is a button you can click to cancel the delete, should be right on the character screen.

Due to the XP system PFO uses there are not a lot of reasons to try and maintain multiple characters with only one XP stream and those few focus around the crafting system. At least if your the least bit concerned with efficiency. When you first start its not a bad idea to play around on some 1000 XP alts to get a feel for what you might like to start with, but once you get going there are only a handful of reasons to ever redirect your XP to another character.
Xateric
Duffy Swiftshadow
I feel like there is a button you can click to cancel the delete, should be right on the character screen.

Due to the XP system PFO uses there are not a lot of reasons to try and maintain multiple characters with only one XP stream and those few focus around the crafting system. At least if your the least bit concerned with efficiency. When you first start its not a bad idea to play around on some 1000 XP alts to get a feel for what you might like to start with, but once you get going there are only a handful of reasons to ever redirect your XP to another character.

I just wanted to delete because I did not like the facial features I picked and of course want the name back…also is this alpha will all these characters get deleted eventually?
Bob
You can't delete a character who is currently training XP. Those other two delete buttons you're seeing are for the other two character slots and are just a bug, which is why nothing happens when you click them.

There's generally no need to delete a character until you've filled all 3 slots. The only exception I can think of is if you want to delete the character and recreate it from scratch using the same name, in which case you'd need to create a new character, log back out and log in again, set training to that new character, and now delete the original character. Then wait until after downtime, then log in and recreate the original character, the log back out and log in again, and set training to the recreated character.

Of course, you'll miss out on a day's worth of XP doing that, which sets you back further than just living with a few wasted feats. On the other hand, if you really want to change your appearance but keep the name, that's the way to do it.
Bob
We aren't planning to wipe characters. That's part of why we use the term Early Enrollment instead of Alpha or Beta.
Grim Onyxheart
Bob
We aren't planning to wipe characters. That's part of why we use the term Early Enrollment instead of Alpha or Beta.
So is this confirmed that even with new company being involved there will be no wipe?
~Part of the Empire of Xeilias, settlement of Golgotha, company of House Winterfield~
============= "Through Strength of Arms, We bring Peace." ============
—————————————————- www.xeilias.com ————————————————
Bob
Grim Onyxheart
Bob
So is this confirmed that even with new company being involved there will be no wipe?

Our conversations with them haven't been at that level of detail. I can only tell you that the plan in the past and at this time is for there to be no wipe.
Grim Onyxheart
Ok, I'll keep my fingers crossed, thanks Bob!
~Part of the Empire of Xeilias, settlement of Golgotha, company of House Winterfield~
============= "Through Strength of Arms, We bring Peace." ============
—————————————————- www.xeilias.com ————————————————

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post