Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Does equipment drop at all?

Bringslite
So, you guys are saying there are politics and grudges in this sandbox and that places that have been here for more than a year are likely involved in that, somehow? Amazing insight. Completely non self serving advice as well.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Tigari
Bringslite
So, you guys are saying there are politics and grudges in this sandbox and that places that have been here for more than a year are likely involved in that, somehow? Amazing insight. Completely non self serving advice as well.

Alot of people coming to this game don't understand how sandboxes work. Specially if they're only used to Themeparks. It was legit advise.
Bringslite
Tigari
Bringslite

Alot of people coming to this game don't understand how sandboxes work. Specially if they're only used to Themeparks. It was legit advise.

The week is almost over. I have to be semi nasty at least once per week or I will melt.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Midnight
Bringslite
Completely non self serving advice as well.

Did you see me try to recruit them? No, I pretty much told them my settlement (K.B.) is inconvenient and bare.

Would you care to explain how suggesting an early stay in Thornkeep or 90 days in University Commons was self serving advice?

I like my advice about the center (that's one reason Golgotha first appealed to me before I realized what a pain in the arse it is trying to get past the hordes of tough monsters up there), but I totally made it clear that favoring the center is just personal opinion and practically invited those who disagree to explain their differing preference.

I really don't see how my advice was self serving *unless* they *want* to step into an ancient grudge war, and even in that case I gave them contacts for BOTH sides, as well as pointing out E.L. as the only established settlement (familiar to me as) not in a power bloc in case they wanted to avoid grudges.

Maybe you *do* just have to be mean by Fridays, but good gods man, could you at least have a valid point when you do it?
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Thod-Theodum
@Midnight
Thanks for spotting the mistake - corrected it to not PvP
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Bringslite
Midnight
Bringslite
Completely non self serving advice as well.

Did you see me try to recruit them? No, I pretty much told them my settlement (K.B.) is inconvenient and bare.

Would you care to explain how suggesting an early stay in Thornkeep or 90 days in University Commons was self serving advice?

I like my advice about the center (that's one reason Golgotha first appealed to me before I realized what a pain in the arse it is trying to get past the hordes of tough monsters up there), but I totally made it clear that favoring the center is just personal opinion and practically invited those who disagree to explain their differing preference.

I really don't see how my advice was self serving *unless* they *want* to step into an ancient grudge war, and even in that case I gave them contacts for BOTH sides, as well as pointing out E.L. as the only established settlement (familiar to me as) not in a power bloc in case they wanted to avoid grudges.

Maybe you *do* just have to be mean by Fridays, but good gods man, could you at least have a valid point when you do it?
My goodness! Everything really is about you, isn't it? lol

I will say I think that some of your advice blows chunks.

The last time I tried to direct a new player toward University Commons, the players/player? on at that time suggested that I try and show him around instead. That was a week or 3 ago. No disrespect meant to PFU. He explained that they were not set up for teaching anymore. As a nice neutral place to start, outside of expecting the former "classes" and stuff, they would be fine. @ PfU, If you're back and ready, I apologize.

The other areas that you suggested to think about settling are in the middle of the Forever War. They are one side's settlements (EoX) except Aragon and Emerald Lodge. None of them will be quiet places. If you want a place with lots of PVP right out the gate, they will be great. If you want time to get established, extreme SE, SW, West, NW, or North are the calmest areas on the map. They have been since Day 1 and they will be likely to stay so. (Some crazy Northern guys notwithstanding) AND they NEED some players out there. The edges are great. Anything closer to the middle is going to get dragged in. If some of the EoX players are indications, it looks to pick up right where it left off. If it is for the same reasons as before, it is going to involve most of your suggested settlements, PLUS more.

BUT, yawn, I had my "mean time" outlet. No use going further "just because". I am quite sure Sydrius can figure out where they want to hang around, all by themselves.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Quijenoth
Bringslite
The other areas that you suggested to think about settling are in the middle of the Forever War. They are one side's settlements (EoX) except Aragon and Emerald Lodge. None of them will be quiet places. If you want a place with lots of PVP right out the gate, they will be great. If you want time to get established, extreme SE, SW, West, NW, or North are the calmest areas on the map. They have been since Day 1 and they will be likely to stay so. (Some crazy Northern guys notwithstanding) AND they NEED some players out there. The edges are great. Anything closer to the middle is going to get dragged in. If some of the EoX players are indications, it looks to pick up right where it left off. If it is for the same reasons as before, it is going to involve most of your suggested settlements, PLUS more.

would have to disagree with you on this point bringslite - When Marchmont stopped being the hub for new players PVP disappeared along with it - with the exception of the occasional directed feud all Forever War PVP took place around KB (far east) and Brighthaven through to Phaeros (far south/south east).

Not That PVP should be the focus of this discussion though - I get the impression this new group are more focused on PVE which means being in the middle opens far more options and allows them to engage all sides with minimal effort.
Bringslite
Quijenoth
Bringslite

would have to disagree with you on this point bringslite - When Marchmont stopped being the hub for new players PVP disappeared along with it - with the exception of the occasional directed feud all Forever War PVP took place around KB (far east) and Brighthaven through to Phaeros (far south/south east).

Not That PVP should be the focus of this discussion though - I get the impression this new group are more focused on PVE which means being in the middle opens far more options and allows them to engage all sides with minimal effort.

Why would you assume that the next chapter of that war is going to remain in those few little areas that it was in before? I have a feeling that just about anywhere that is considered to be a part of one side or the other is going to be surprised to suddenly NOT be too far away anymore.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Quijenoth Starkiller
Its simple- the active PVP groups don't wait for victims to come to them, they seek out victims where they dwell.

Also your assuming I mean the future - who knows whats going to happen, The paladins of Ozems may fall foul to an evil necromancer and become anti paladins bent on destroying the rest of the river kingdoms…

Point is, right now and in recent history PVP has been in the south (not counting Fianna since they wander from settlement to settlement).

The only additional bit of information I would offer to avoid PVP right now is to stay clear of Ustalav and other High Tier Monster Hexes.
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Bringslite
The most amusing parts of all of this turn of discussion: #1. Xateric didn't ask anything about where to settle down. He simply asked whether equipment drops from mobs. #2. Some of us seem to have impressions that they will want to play where there is little war like level PVP happening or likely to happen, but we have no idea where that is.

I think that I have some responsibility in that I originally offered to help him and his (just as I did once for the splinter group from Aragon) if they did move to the game. Probably because of the mention of the size of their gaming group. Not huge but definitely healthy enough for their own starting settlement considering what some of us are calling populations.

His main question was answered by the first response after he posted it. I think that I will bow out from this continuing line of direction.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post