Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Give strip harvested hexes a chance of regrowth

Bringslite
Is all of this writing the result of a poor job of giving some sort of an example of a minor exploit on a fly by post?

lol

Really now. Split hairs if you must, but don't deny that using incomplete mechanics to your advantage are exploiting the fact that they are incomplete. Whether they are "OK" with GW (for now) is a different subject. If GW plans to fix them to make some things more difficult or impossible, then yeah, we are exploiting that thing at the moment.

The point really is that there are many examples of exploiting system weaknesses either by accidental discovery or willful use. I am sure examples could be found for just about any group. It doesn't do much good to keep dragging out the ones that were looked at and hand waved as temporarily OK, fixed, or mandated to be stopped until fixed. Not unless there are specific examples of recent and intentional disregard of forbidden actions. Even if there are, that is GW's province and not ours.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite
Is all of this writing the result of a poor job of giving some sort of an example of a minor exploit on a fly by post?

lol

Really now. Split hairs if you must, but don't deny that using incomplete mechanics to your advantage are exploiting the fact that they are incomplete. Whether they are "OK" with GW (for now) is a different subject. If GW plans to fix them to make some things more difficult or impossible, then yeah, we are exploiting that thing at the moment.

The point really is that there are many examples of exploiting system weaknesses either by accidental discovery or willful use. I am sure examples could be found for just about any group. It doesn't do much good to keep dragging out the ones that were looked at and hand waved as temporarily OK, fixed, or mandated to be stopped until fixed. Not unless there are specific examples of recent and intentional disregard of forbidden actions. Even if there are, that is GW's province and not ours.

Stop being right and stop making sense! Clearly there are more hairs that need splitting here can't you see? smile

Although seriously, this pretty much nails it.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Bob
Here's the relevant wording under the Don't Cheat section of the TOS:

If you find some condition, combination of actions, location, or feature that is broken or provides you an advantage you should not have due to a bug, don't do that thing. Report it.

Obviously, there are lots of incomplete systems, coding problems, and the extraordinarily rare design flaw right now that everyone is aware needs to be fixed. I don't really want to draft anyone into my own personal Forever War over whether something should be called a bug, a design flaw, or a feature request (20 years of epic battles, still fighting the good fight to loudly proclaim "I don't care, just fix it" ), but for the statement above, consider the word "bug" to mean "something wrong with the game that's damaging the player experience (including the experiences of players other than the one directly affected) and should be fixed." Point is, it doesn't matter what led to the problem, it only matters that it has the potential to hurt the game, and we need to know about it.

So, if you discover anything along those lines, any way in which you can give yourself that kind of undue advantage, then report it to us at customer.support@goblinworks.com before it starts to hurt the game. If you're in any doubt, report it anyway and ask whether it's okay to take advantage of it. In some cases, like taking advantage of the easier AI or of some of the oddities with spawns, then we're fine with it as long as everyone knows (that way no particular group has an advantage over any other), and we'll fix it when it gets to the top of the priority list. In other cases we'll rush out a fix, or publicly declare such actions as a punishable exploit.

This goes double if you're already aware of (or utilizing, intentionally or unintentionally) such a problem and even remotely suspect that we don't know about it. Don't wait on reporting it until we discover it later and search through the logs to figure out who's been taking advantage of it. By that point, the actions needed to make things right could have to be pretty drastic. Reported now, we can take more reasonable measures to re-balance things.

Okay, that's enough authoritarian pronouncements on my behalf. This is a great community, and I've received incredibly useful reports from lots of players to help us keep the game as balanced as possible. I'm constantly amazed by the ability so many of you have demonstrated to put aside personal/company/settlement advantage in order to help the game succeed, and the entire team is extremely grateful for your efforts.
tribuzio
Thod-Theodum
3) Taking outposts and holdings when the window is closed - not even aware this is possible (or how) but this also is clearly wrong.

Old forever war stuff linked to taking control of a settlement and leaving the old one. For a time the PVP window stayed that of the old, way larger, settlement.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post