Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

town facilities on minimap

Gog
I'd really like to see buildings, roads, etc on the minimap. More important, though, is adding trainer NPCs. Getting around a town you don't know is much harder than it needs to be. I don't care where all the Thornguards are, I just want the apothecary.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Nidome
Yes, being able to see trainers on the minimap is really essential and it would be useful if the Guards had their own icon rather than a "Monster" one.
Edam
+1

Especially in Thornkeep which looks absolutely amazing (all credit to art dept) but can be really hard to find your way around.
Being
I agree it would be better were the sites/buildings depicted on the minimap. I absolutely disagree that the names of the trainers should be displayed. You have a memory for a reason. We don't need to be handed everything without any effort.
Lo, the mighty Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground!
Dazyk of Phaeros
I agree with Being. Next it will be exclamation points over NPC's heads. NO THANK YOU.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Dazyk of Phaeros
Also, the minimap in the previous build DID show roads and paths, I think the map bug in this build is what is hampering those.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Nihimon
Dazyk
Also, the minimap in the previous build DID show roads and paths, I think the map bug in this build is what is hampering those.

If you have the graphics set to Fantastic, you can zoom in and fairly easily make out the roads and rivers, although you still won't be able to read the names of the Settlements.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
kyntaro
Dazyk
I agree with Being. Next it will be exclamation points over NPC's heads. NO THANK YOU.
Why not? Don't seems so overrated as solution. I don't feel the "epic" in running around a town while targeting all npc to find the correct one. Do u read the chat right now? "Where is….?" "How can i…?" Little things now, could be a matter in future. If a beginner don't find what he need, he will change world.
Dazyk of Phaeros
Personally, I like the chat right now. It gets the community involved, helping each other. One of the big problems with big themepark MMOs is that the game holds your hand through the whole thing; you don't need other people to help you with almost anything.

This game purports to be different. So yes, make the beginners ask for help and interact with the community and older characters. Don't be afraid! Make new friends!

kyntaro
Total agree this last one Dazyk…is for that I wrote about a beginner time. Now it's cool, we are tester (!) and we like land help on left and right…but i see the darkness cooooming smile
How many time before …"guys, can u tell me where trainer xyz is?" "in ur a***ole" "an**trainer!" "go play wow with LFR and Questhelper!!!!11!1"
"guys, how works facilities?" "ur fu****g mother know!" "an**!!!111" "kill the nooooooob!!!!1111!11!"

Don't think players interactions will miss or compromised just for a tag on minimap - in a starting area

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post