Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Some Questions to Spark Forum Activity

Bringslite
@ Bob

Are you all set with some basics for 11.3 or is that list flexible? If you guys could just do one thing, like say get "gushers" in and working, would a single feature like that be possible in a similar(to now) time frame for patches and a worthy goal?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I think gushers requires implementing of harvesting kits, for which we don't even have recipes, and code that causes mobs to be attracted to it. It also depletes the regular contents of the hex, so with resources at 1/4 intended, they won't gush all that much for most things.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Edam
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I think gushers requires implementing of harvesting kits, for which we don't even have recipes, and code that causes mobs to be attracted to it. It also depletes the regular contents of the hex, so with resources at 1/4 intended, they won't gush all that much for most things.

Is that a flat 1/4 regardless of resource? Because if so that might create some dodgy edge cases where some resources deplete almost instantly and once depleted will take forever to recover.
Bringslite
Yeash guys. It's an example. I could just as easily suggest "Just make Holdings worth adding plusses" or "enable us to do mean things to small holdings" or "Get a new Azlanti Stone made and some recipes" or "Make Monster Hexes free PVP zones" or "Work on some things to improve the feud system" or "Put three Factions in" or "Please fill this space"

smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Caldeathe Baequiannia
My understanding is that all natural resources were reduced by 75% so they are currently at 1/4 of intended. It's possible, though, that was just an assumption from remarks made when the work was done. At the time the devs expressed concern that we were never degrading any hexes at all, which was not having the desired effect on controlling the economy. It never takes forever to recover. A resource reduced by 100% to zero will recover in about a week on average.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
Yeash guys. It's an example.
Bad example smile
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Eventually I expect that monster home hexes will be seen as just another resource located near certain settlements, and just another reason to try to make a deal with, or take over, that settlement.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Bob
Bringslite
@ Bob

Are you all set with some basics for 11.3 or is that list flexible? If you guys could just do one thing, like say get "gushers" in and working, would a single feature like that be possible in a similar(to now) time frame for patches and a worthy goal?

We haven't made a decision yet on exactly what we'll focus on for the next update. We're definitely considering focusing on either a reasonably-scoped single feature, or sub-feature, or themed set of small improvements that together feel like a feature. We've tossed a few ideas around, but won't really have time to go into depth on the possibilities until 11.2 goes out the door. Once that happens, and everyone's had a chance to check out 11.2 and see what feels most needed, then I'll kick off another discussion thread.
Bringslite
Thx Bob

Next: How does the escalation cycle actually work? Amateur Observation seems to say "If you kill a T1 Esc, the hex will be eligible for an esc in about 2 days. Kill a T2 and the hex will be eligible in about 3 days."

Is that right or is it more complex?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Bringslite
Thx Bob

Next: How does the escalation cycle actually work? Amateur Observation seems to say "If you kill a T1 Esc, the hex will be eligible for an esc in about 2 days. Kill a T2 and the hex will be eligible in about 3 days."

Is that right or is it more complex?

That's basically it. The really simple escalations (Bandit Raid, Float Any River, The Shadow of Nhur Athemon, …smile leave the hexes fallow for 24 hours, the more standard escalations (Bonedancers, Broken Men, The Wrath of Nhur Athemon, …smile leave them fallow for 48 hours, and the harder ones (Mordant Spire, Duergar Slavers, Ustalav Invaders, The Revenge of Nhur Athemon, …smile leave them fallow for 72 hours.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post