Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Some Questions to Spark Forum Activity

Lucius
Zax
Shoulds Woulds Coulda.

There shouldn't be as many settlements, player population proves this point. With fewer settlements, there would have been fewer "Power Blocks". With fewer "Power Blocks" there could have been more of a chance that the aforementioned "little guys" could band together with other "little guys" to form their own "Power Block".

Realize what game you are playing.

This is a game of territory and controlling that territory by various means. True, the mechanics are not all there. True, the playerbase is not as populous as it was projected to be. However, this is a game where you will get pushed on the playground. If you can't handle that, then maybe this is mot the game for you. If you cannot use diplomacy or are unwilling to work with others, you are not going to have a good time.

Realize who you are as a player.

Why do you play this game? What do you want from PFO? There are always prices to pay when playing a territorial sandbox. Be it having to be alert when gathering, or taking down an escalation, you have to be on your toes.

Though we all wait to see what "Newcorp." will do, who they are, what they hope to achieve, we currently have what we have. A territorial sandbox with a low population. Please play accordingly…

Taking up the old EoX mantle eh?

Broken game is broken …. thats fine an all if ya can find yourself enjoying it still …. lets not pretend that the hold it has is not tenuous and that its current state is not easily toppled into a broken mess. We all kno territory dont matter one g**dam lick and nothing being blamed on it is done because of need. Any victory is fleeting when theirs no limits its just a boring game of waiting to see who gets bored and goes home first.

While im just rephrasing waht those have sed before it does bare repeating … at this tipping point we are as responsible for the communitys well being as we are for our own actions within it. Im as disappointed in my own groups decsions as Im with some of the outsiders but if we kill what little we have in the name of staving off boredom in a broken halfcompleted game then I guess we got what we deserve. While I was against it before it only goes to show that a fresh slate might not be such a bad idea.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Lucius
Zax
Shoulds Woulds Coulda.

There shouldn't be as many settlements, player population proves this point. With fewer settlements, there would have been fewer "Power Blocks". With fewer "Power Blocks" there could have been more of a chance that the aforementioned "little guys" could band together with other "little guys" to form their own "Power Block".

This is a game of territory and controlling that territory by various means. True, the mechanics are not all there. True, the playerbase is not as populous as it was projected to be. However, this is a game where you will get pushed on the playground. If you can't handle that, then maybe this is mot the game for you. If you cannot use diplomacy or are unwilling to work with others, you are not going to have a good time.

Why do you play this game? What do you want from PFO? There are always prices to pay when playing a territorial sandbox. Be it having to be alert when gathering, or taking down an escalation, you have to be on your toes.

Though we all wait to see what "Newcorp." will do, who they are, what they hope to achieve, we currently have what we have. A territorial sandbox with a low population. Please play accordingly…

Broken game is broken …. thats fine an all if ya can find yourself enjoying it still …. lets not pretend that the hold it has is not tenuous and that its current state is not easily toppled into a broken mess. We all kno territory dont matter one g**dam lick and nothing being blamed on it is done because of need. Any victory is fleeting when theirs no limits its just a boring game of waiting to see who gets bored and goes home first.

While im just rephrasing waht those have sed before it does bare repeating … at this tipping point we are as responsible for the communitys well being as we are for our own actions within it. Im as disappointed in my own groups decsions as Im with some of the outsiders but if we kill what little we have in the name of staving off boredom in a broken halfcompleted game then I guess we got what we deserve. While I was against it before it only goes to show that a fresh slate might not be such a bad idea.

+1 to this response.

Why anyone would advocate for taking a broken and flawed system and making it even MORE broken is beyond me. Sandboxes can and will be harsh but that also assumes the sandbox is in a healthy state and has good mechanics. Both of these things aint the case right now.

Is it too much to ask to go beyond one's personal short term self interest for the good of the game? I hate to say this, but if this first comment is what some folks wanna do, wipe the server. Gives us our XP back since we paid for that and let us keep anything we paid money for. After that, start over from square one. Frankly, I would rather not do it all over again, but if it is the best thing for the game it will be the lesser of two evils.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Bringslite
If a group retaliates to aggression by a larger group say like attacking a holding in return or stripping a hex or whatever(in a non toxic manner) and the default third action is to burn everything possible down while putting them on a KoS list for awhile, what do you do when you are really mad at the smaller group that dares retaliate?

Edit: I don't know if there is a solution or not but seriously, put their boots on and imagine. Would you play that game or pay to play that game?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Zax
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Lucius
Zax
Shoulds Woulds Coulda.

+1 to this response.

Why anyone would advocate for taken a broken and flawed system and making it even MORE broken is beyond me. Sandboxes can and will be harsh but that also assumes the sandbox is in a healthy state and has good mechanics. Both of these things aint the case right now.

Is it too much to ask to go beyond one's personal short term self interest for the good of the game? I hate to say this, but of this first comment is what some folks wanna do, wipe the server. Gives us our XP back since we paid for that and let us keep anything we paid money for. After that, start over from square one. Frankly, I would rather not do it all over again, but if it is the best thing for the game it will be the lesser of two evils.
All right, gloves are coming off.

F*ck this. You people are just as much to blame for the current state of the game. Bitching about every little thing, blowing it way out of proportion, not having realistic expectations for WHAT THIS GAME IS.

Compare me to EoX. I do not spawn kill nor shrine camp and I certainly do not PVP for the sake of PVP. I do not "grief" in any manner, so F*ck off already.

Too many times, the threat of "I am taking my ball and going home" has been held over the heads of the dedicated player base. Too many times have certain players championed a cause that they themselves could have changed the outcome, BUT DID NOT. Too many times, players fault their behaviour on "Broken Mechanics" even have the balls to say they are non-existent, so whatever.

THE GAME IS WHAT IT IS. Until "Newcorp." comes into power and brings forth their gameplan, there is nothing you can do but play within the games current F*cked or broken up mechanics…UNLESS you can act like a socialized human being, and try to work things out with the other players outside of the mechanics. So far, that has proven to be as non-effective as it is non-existent.

So blame who ever and what ever the F*ck you want, it seems to be commonplace. Call me EoX, I really don't give a flying F*ck.

And yes, right now, to some, it is "A Boring Game", though not to me. What little excitement at all has been brought about by conflict. Please, for the love of the Gods, stop trying to turn PFO into something that it is not. That has been the problem since day one. Catering to the whiny few and not to the many, catering to the existing players and not giving a F*ck about new players. Trying to satisfy everyone is F*cking stupid. Almost as stupid as trying to make this some sort of Kumbaya Boring Ass Utopia.

So if that makes me synonymous with EoX, so F*cking be it. If the way the game is currently, causes players to quit, by all means, blame me, a non-alpha, non-kickstarter player that has, for the most part, enjoyed my time in the online world of Golarion for about a year and a half now, has not broken any known laws, in-game or EULA based, continues to find enjoyment playing with most of the players and will continue playing (with realistic expectations) as I enjoy what the game is and have high hopes for what it shall be. Oh, and please be sure to use all the buzzwords so you can get as many clicks as you can…
Bringslite
You have some valid points there Zax and I wish that toxicity and name calling didn't have to be a part of the discussion.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Zax
2 points for Bringslite for using 2 Buzzwords!!
Bringslite
How do you make any real post without hitting a Buzzword or two?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Zax
Bringslite
How do you make any real post without hitting a Buzzword or two?

Key phrase is "hitting a Buzzword" NOT getting hit over the head with it
Midnight
Bringslite
If a group retaliates to aggression by a larger group say like attacking a holding in return or stripping a hex or whatever(in a non toxic manner) and the default third action is to burn everything possible down while putting them on a KoS list for awhile, what do you do when you are really mad at the smaller group that dares retaliate?

Edit: I don't know if there is a solution or not but seriously, put their boots on and imagine. Would you play that game or pay to play that game?

One problem most of you have in controlling/coercing *me* is that the only punishment you can apply is some form of PvP combat.

That's like punishing a child with candy. smile

I haven't blatantly disrespected the "territory" of non-hostile settlements only because I usually have plenty of stuff to do near my home, and when I count travel time, it is more productive to grind close to home.

Geography, travel time, and min-maxing my play time for productivity has exerted far more control of my actions than any announced territorial declarations/threats/warnings.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Edam
Midnight
Bringslite

One problem most of you have in controlling/coercing *me* is that the only punishment you can apply is some form of PvP combat.

That's like punishing a child with candy. smile

I haven't blatantly disrespected the "territory" of non-hostile settlements only because I usually have plenty of stuff to do near my home, and when I count travel time, it is more productive to grind close to home.

Geography, travel time, and min-maxing my play time for productivity has exerted far more control of my actions than any announced territorial declarations/threats/warnings.

Yeah, its like trying to punish the EVE small gang cruiser/frigate guys doing losec roams looking for trouble by pvping them.

Aside from which "white knight" style vigilante actions invariably fail because the "white knights" need to cover a vast area 24/7 while the bandit types can pop in an out randomly whenever and where-ever it suits them.

The main form of "control" in the server is political, threatening to cause grief for someones company or settlement if they transgress some imaginary boundary that otherwise is not enforceable. A little bit like school teachers threatening the whole class with detention if the class troublemaker doesn't behave.

The current contentious issues on the server revolve around larger groups forming cartels to control T3 pricing and larger groups claiming multiple monster hex escalations that in most cases they do not have the people to take down at a reasonable rate, sitting on them till the weekends and hence reducing the overall T3 spawn rate on the server. Keeper's tries to stay out of that stuff.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post