Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Some Questions to Spark Forum Activity

Duffy Swiftshadow
We're finding Dark Elves to be the most satisfying escalation so far in terms of effort, reward, and variety compared to the rest.
Bringslite
For balanced effort vs reward the Dark Elves are great. Dark elves also take the cake for most interesting with their various "servitor races". For eye candy I have to give the prize to the Elementals.

My fav from Alpha is hands down Undead Uprising. I did most of those solo and figuring out how to beat the mix of Rangers, fighters, and wizards was fun. It took lots of hit and run. I was pretty much a noob all through alpha, not using any expendables or Focus healing.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Vadaryl
Here is my question of pondering from PvE experience.

Has Goblin Works experimented with mobs doing things beyond attacks?

Two examples

1. Wizards type mobs casting energetic field on aggression

2. Cleric type mobs being able to use a heal when hit points reach a threshold.

I find Dark Elves to be a great escalation in regards to challenge. My personal notation is an evolution of balance of different types of mobs and abilities. For Dark Elves the mixture of ranged to melee and variety of damage types along with bleed type affects and different channels.
Bringslite
Vadaryl
Here is my question of pondering from PvE experience.

Has Goblin Works experimented with mobs doing things beyond attacks?

Two examples

1. Wizards type mobs casting energetic field on aggression

2. Cleric type mobs being able to use a heal when hit points reach a threshold.

I find Dark Elves to be a great escalation in regards to challenge. My personal notation is an evolution of balance of different types of mobs and abilities. For Dark Elves the mixture of ranged to melee and variety of damage types along with bleed type affects and different channels.

Great questions. I have also wondered what it would be like if the mobs reacted a bit differently, such as healing or buffing each other, etc… I'll bet that it is pretty tough to put the effort into it (coding) when you know that the mobs have very little time to do anything complicated before they are dead or all alone.

Add On: I would REALLY LIKE to see hobgoblins introduced because of their more military level thinking and organization. Could be the birth/dawn/base for evolving formation combat. There are MANY of us waiting to see if that can be worked into the schedule.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Vadaryl
In regards to healing I see that having one to many variables.

In regards to initial buff I think that may be possible seeing how I have observed mobs having an initial opening attack that is not repeated. Example stuns we see from Ustalav Legends and Ustalav Prelates.

I do not know with the friendly fire changes if it would affect other mobs though.

What I do not know and sparked my curiosity of the randomness of Pathfinder Online is was it tried and something really bizarre happened.

This inference is from comments in regards to one of the newer escalations either it was Nhur or Elemental implying they found something really broken during one of the Pathfinder Online Chats with I believe Lee.
Lisa Stevens
Bringslite
Add On: I would REALLY LIKE to see hobgoblins introduced because of their more military level thinking and organization. Could be the birth/dawn/base for evolving formation combat. There are MANY of us waiting to see if that can be worked into the schedule.

The sad news is that we were probably a week or so away from having a hobgoblin ready to go. Of course there was still some animation issues that would have had to be worked out, but 3D design and modelling was almost done.
arty155jln
Lisa Stevens
Bringslite

The sad news is that we were probably a week or so away from having a hobgoblin ready to go. Of course there was still some animation issues that would have had to be worked out, but 3D design and modelling was almost done.
That's some pretty good news!

In order to have any quality casting/healing or "thinking" done on the part of the mobs, you would have to raise their HP (so they aren't taken down as fast) and then lower their damage (so they don't wipe the groups trying to kill them with their new higher HP). It's doable but it's actual new coding I imagine, and not just tweaks to established systems; something probably left for NewCorp.
Edam
Do remember mobs that heal will have a few side effects. The regen created will severely nerf builds designed to stack effects like bleeding or burning for example and also likely be harder for low level players and solo play but probably will fall fast to blinged high alpha parties (6 wizzies casting chain lightning anyone ?) to give a few potential examples.

Not saying its a bad idea, it has appeal. Just saying watch out for unintended roll on effects with a change like that.

yay .. for eventual hobgoblins. Were they potential T3s ?
Lisa Stevens
Edam

I doubt they were heading for T3. It was something that Daryn, the concept artist, was doing in his spare time because he wanted to work on his 3D skills and wanted something for his resume.

T3 escalations were going to be more like demons, devils, giants, dragons, things like that.

-Lisa
Garric Orcsbane
Lisa Stevens
Edam

I doubt they were heading for T3. It was something that Daryn, the concept artist, was doing in his spare time because he wanted to work on his 3D skills and wanted something for his resume.

T3 escalations were going to be more like demons, devils, giants, dragons, things like that.

-Lisa

and Lawyers, don't forget the Lawyers smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post