Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Some Questions to Spark Forum Activity

Decius
The Lawmancers and their dread subpena golems!
Vadaryl
Perhaps it is no coincidence that Laurethoron got a Cathedral of Law structure recipe then.
Bringslite
@ GW
I don't know if you can answer this or not, but let's give it a shot. How far is the game from some social tools like friends, Company, Settlement lists. Improved right click drop menus for invite, ignore, whisper, Offer Friend Link, etc…?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Lisa Stevens
Vadaryl
Perhaps it is no coincidence that Laurethoron got a Cathedral of Law structure recipe then.

Garric got a Cathedral of Depravity the next weekend, so maybe there is a theme going there.

-Lisa
Bob
Bringslite
How far is the game from some social tools like friends, Company, Settlement lists. Improved right click drop menus for invite, ignore, whisper, Offer Friend Link, etc…?

Since we're not really operating off a list of features to add in a particular order, that really depends on at what point we decide those are the most important features to put in next. Based on my overall read of the 11.2 discussion and memories of the 11.1 discussion, I feel like there are still a fair number of other fixes that pack more punch, in that the degree to which players want them relative to how much work they'd require is larger. However, they're fast catching up, and some smaller ones could even be near the top of the list for 11.2 or the following build. The more complex features would probably come a bit later.

However, what feels most important at any given time can change dramatically depending on how people are playing the game at that point, which can depend on the mix of new players and veterans, the distribution of settlements/companies, the balance between different playing styles, and any number of other things that change constantly. We adapt our priorities to those shifts as much as possible. As a result, social features could suddenly rise to the top, or fall behind something totally new the community is clamoring for.
Bringslite
@ Bob

+3
That is probably the nicest way I have seen anyone describe a bunch fickle, cantankerous, indecisive, moody players in many years of gaming. You are pretty good at this community relations stuff. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bob
… Based on my overall read of the 11.2 discussion and memories of the 11.1 discussion, I feel like there are still a fair number of other fixes that pack more punch, in that the degree to which players want them relative to how much work they'd require is larger. However, they're fast catching up, and some smaller ones could even be near the top of the list for 11.2 or the following build. The more complex features would probably come a bit later.
It's possible there's significant confirmation bias here. With few, if any, exceptions, the only people who are responding to this are people who have been around long enough that we all have alternate means of contacting each other. it's very common to see new players asking in general about how to get in touch with others. Social functions might be in the high-middle tier for people in this thread, but my guess is that it is more important for retaining new players that have not connected with the existing blocs.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
The Eternal Balance
+1
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bob
… Based on my overall read of the 11.2 discussion and memories of the 11.1 discussion, I feel like there are still a fair number of other fixes that pack more punch, in that the degree to which players want them relative to how much work they'd require is larger. However, they're fast catching up, and some smaller ones could even be near the top of the list for 11.2 or the following build. The more complex features would probably come a bit later.
It's possible there's significant confirmation bias here. With few, if any, exceptions, the only people who are responding to this are people who have been around long enough that we all have alternate means of contacting each other. it's very common to see new players asking in general about how to get in touch with others. Social functions might be in the high-middle tier for people in this thread, but my guess is that it is more important for retaining new players that have not connected with the existing blocs.

Precisely!

This is the reason I have for saying we need to make basic social features a top priority. I honestly felt embarrassed when new players ask me how to add me to their friends list.

Plus, it takes some of the pressure off new people who wanna socialize and get to know folks before making a commitment. Sometimes there seems to be a sort of recruitment pressure of we will help you out and give ya stuff IF you join us kind of thing. With no way to keep in touch in game you pretty much HAVE to join their site and use their messenger tools to keep in touch at all. Sometimes maybe you can roll the dice and hope you can find someone on Golarion mumble if ya don't wanna commit right away. Even then that's kind of luck of the draw depending on timezone.

We kind of came up with a workaround that doesn't require new people to become full Fianna members just to talk to us on our site, but it is still ridiculous that this should even be necessary.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Plus, even if they don't join ya basic social features gives ya more ways to network with people. Say if someone decides to friend ya but not join your group right away. Say they join another later but you still hang out with em and do stuff with em. Well now ya got an in somewhere else and vice versa. With a very social and political game like this one it's not just what ya know it is who ya know. Networking is a huge part of that and lack of basic social features that most other MMOs have is a glaring problem that I personally think needs to get in sooner rather than later. I rank it just under fixing things like auspicious critical honestly.

It hasn't been here since I started playing back in September and I am gonna take a wild guess to say it probably never has. You need that as a basic feature for a social and political sandbox MMO like this. We have all found ways to adapt to the lack of that feature sure, but it don't change the fact that it is still a core feature that is badly needed.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post