Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Some Questions to Spark Forum Activity

Maxen
I fully agree that social features need a lot of attention. The ability to create a friends list and /ignore spammers (although we've been fortunate so far not to have any obnoxious spamming) is key to building an in-game network. Three features I would like to see are:

1) Create and maintain a friends list that shows when friends are online.
2) Create an editable ignore list.
3) Create a Hide feature that prevents other Friends from seeing you're online. That may seem counterintuitive to a Friends list feature, but there are times when I log on and don't want to be inundated with Whispers, Invites, etc.
Edam
Maxen
I fully agree that social features need a lot of attention. The ability to create a friends list and /ignore spammers (although we've been fortunate so far not to have any obnoxious spamming) is key to building an in-game network. Three features I would like to see are:

3) Create a Hide feature that prevents other Friends from seeing you're online. That may seem counterintuitive to a Friends list feature, but there are times when I log on and don't want to be inundated with Whispers, Invites, etc.

+1

A configurable friends/watch list would be a good thing. Both for social reasons and as a PvP watch list. It would preferably have:

• the ability to add people outside your company/settlement
  • the ability to be invisible when necessary

You also would need to either:
  • advise the person being watched
  • OR
  • if you prefer it not be available as a PvP watch list require permission to add someone
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Maxen

+1
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Huran
Maxen

+1

Seeing when other settlement members (particularly new recruits) would be a HUGE help in keeping people engaged.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
You are a Troll
Got to be top of the list for Newcorp.
Illililili
The friends list needs to be a 2 way thing, so if one person removes a friend, their name is also removed from the former friend's friendlist.
MidknightDiamond
Edam
Maxen

+1

A configurable friends/watch list would be a good thing. Both for social reasons and as a PvP watch list. It would preferably have:

• OR
  • if you prefer it not be available as a PvP watch list require permission to add someone
+1 pretty much all of this

It always absolutely Killed me when Ryan would say that this wasn't at all a priority, basically that it wasn't important. No, just no. This is an MMO, it's a social game, these tools should've been near the top from the very beginning.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Edam
MidknightDiamond
Edam
Maxen

+1

• OR
+1 pretty much all of this

It always absolutely Killed me when Ryan would say that this wasn't at all a priority, basically that it wasn't important. No, just no. This is an MMO, it's a social game, these tools should've been near the top from the very beginning.

Interestingly EVE have just changed their watch list to be more like a friend list.
Bringslite
@ GW

I imagine over the months that players have taken shots at members of The Bloodstone Swords in a PVP kind of way. Can you share any stories that are amusing or interesting about those encounters?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Smitty
Bringslite
@ GW

I imagine over the months that players have taken shots at members of The Bloodstone Swords in a PVP kind of way. Can you share any stories that are amusing or interesting about those encounters?
As soon as i can find Tenbar with a mule ..

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post