Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Some Questions to Spark Forum Activity

Lisa Stevens
Smitty
Bringslite
@ GW

I imagine over the months that players have taken shots at members of The Bloodstone Swords in a PVP kind of way. Can you share any stories that are amusing or interesting about those encounters?
As soon as i can find Tenbar with a mule ..

If you want to find me with a mule, you most likely will have to do it in the middle of the night US time. I am a night owl, and usually limit mule activity to late night/early morning.

-Lisa
Lisa Stevens
Bringslite
I imagine over the months that players have taken shots at members of The Bloodstone Swords in a PVP kind of way. Can you share any stories that are amusing or interesting about those encounters?

Haven't done too much PVP, mostly because I don't want folks to say that any side we are on cheated because the Devs used their "super secret powers" to give that side the advantage. I would actually really like group PVP, as opposed to individual PVP. I like team sports more than individual sports for the same reason. But because of the problem with being a "Dev" I have to stay away.

That said, very early in the game, I got attacked by Elsworth Sugarfoot down near Brighthaven. I managed to break off the combat and outrun him to the gates of Brighthaven. There were a few other times where I got chased, but didn't end up in combat where I got killed.

Except that time that Decius Brutus turned on me after we had partied up for an escalation and attacked me because he wanted to be the first to kill me in the game. He did accomplish that fact after a battle which raged over 5 hexes, but it was a tough fight. I am still pretty pissed off that an ally attacked me with no warning. But hey, that was over a year ago, so I guess I should let by gones be by gones. smile

-Lisa
Bob
Bringslite

A couple players killed me pretty early on, caught me low on health after fighting a small group of goblins or something. I don't think they actually took much from my husk, since I returned pretty quickly to find them gone and my husk still there containing roughly 25% less than I'd died with.

Tink once chased me through the mountains and I just barely got away by jumping off the cliff toward Thornkeep. I was actually carrying quite a bit of stuff from Marchmont to Thornkeep at the time and felt very lucky to get away.

I think both of those incidents happened before those characters joined the Bloodstone Swords, so I don't think anyone realized who they were attacking. Since then, I don't think I've been attacked, but then when I'm on it's usually with one of my GM characters, sadly.
Hobson Fiffledown
Sadly indeed. My dagger doesn't even damage those god characters…

Never know though, one day it might work. Just have to keep trying.
This space for rent.
Edam
Hobson Fiffledown

Keepers Pass for all your T3 Dagger needs smile
Hobson Fiffledown
Thank you, but I like to make them myself. That way the balance is just right.

Unless you're saying what I think you're saying. Pretty public forum to hire a hit…but I'll do it.
What character do you want me to attack there? smile

And for the segue - GW people, some of your player groups have advertised assassin-ish services. Some assassin-ish companies and settlements exist as parts of, or additions to the Pathfinder lore. Would you have a problem contracting their services personally, or would that be too similar to the group PvP issues that were mentioned?
This space for rent.
Midnight
Lisa Stevens
Bringslite

Haven't done too much PVP, mostly because I don't want folks to say that any side we are on cheated because the Devs used their "super secret powers" to give that side the advantage. I would actually really like group PVP, as opposed to individual PVP. I like team sports more than individual sports for the same reason. But because of the problem with being a "Dev" I have to stay away.

That said, very early in the game, I got attacked by Elsworth Sugarfoot down near Brighthaven. I managed to break off the combat and outrun him to the gates of Brighthaven. There were a few other times where I got chased, but didn't end up in combat where I got killed.

Except that time that Decius Brutus turned on me after we had partied up for an escalation and attacked me because he wanted to be the first to kill me in the game. He did accomplish that fact after a battle which raged over 5 hexes, but it was a tough fight. I am still pretty pissed off that an ally attacked me with no warning. But hey, that was over a year ago, so I guess I should let by gones be by gones. smile

-Lisa
You'll never get a good forever war with that kind of attitude. smile
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
Hobson Fiffledown

You really do have to keep trying. I was in an Eve battle where someone on our side actually killed a GM that had forgotten to enable his godliness.

Maybe GW was smart enough to make that automatic, but we know they're not perfect, so….
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
I once stumbled onto Ryan's MONSTER BOSS character as it was typing taunts to players and I think I knocked points off his health before he teleported away. I suspect it wasn't supposed to be invulnerable, but also wasn't meant to be discovered before Bob could generate the world event(s).
-Edmund Burke
Decius
Midnight
Hobson Fiffledown

You really do have to keep trying. I was in an Eve battle where someone on our side actually killed a GM that had forgotten to enable his godliness.

Maybe GW was smart enough to make that automatic, but we know they're not perfect, so….
Lord British is in good company.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post