Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Some Questions to Spark Forum Activity

Decius
Lisa Stevens
Bringslite
I imagine over the months that players have taken shots at members of The Bloodstone Swords in a PVP kind of way. Can you share any stories that are amusing or interesting about those encounters?

Haven't done too much PVP, mostly because I don't want folks to say that any side we are on cheated because the Devs used their "super secret powers" to give that side the advantage. I would actually really like group PVP, as opposed to individual PVP. I like team sports more than individual sports for the same reason. But because of the problem with being a "Dev" I have to stay away.

That said, very early in the game, I got attacked by Elsworth Sugarfoot down near Brighthaven. I managed to break off the combat and outrun him to the gates of Brighthaven. There were a few other times where I got chased, but didn't end up in combat where I got killed.

Except that time that Decius Brutus turned on me after we had partied up for an escalation and attacked me because he wanted to be the first to kill me in the game. He did accomplish that fact after a battle which raged over 5 hexes, but it was a tough fight. I am still pretty pissed off that an ally attacked me with no warning. But hey, that was over a year ago, so I guess I should let by gones be by gones. smile

-Lisa
We can still make something of it if you need closure.
Bringslite
Lisa Stevens
Bringslite
I imagine over the months that players have taken shots at members of The Bloodstone Swords in a PVP kind of way. Can you share any stories that are amusing or interesting about those encounters?

Haven't done too much PVP, mostly because I don't want folks to say that any side we are on cheated because the Devs used their "super secret powers" to give that side the advantage. I would actually really like group PVP, as opposed to individual PVP. I like team sports more than individual sports for the same reason. But because of the problem with being a "Dev" I have to stay away.

That said, very early in the game, I got attacked by Elsworth Sugarfoot down near Brighthaven. I managed to break off the combat and outrun him to the gates of Brighthaven. There were a few other times where I got chased, but didn't end up in combat where I got killed.

Except that time that Decius Brutus turned on me after we had partied up for an escalation and attacked me because he wanted to be the first to kill me in the game. He did accomplish that fact after a battle which raged over 5 hexes, but it was a tough fight. I am still pretty pissed off that an ally attacked me with no warning. But hey, that was over a year ago, so I guess I should let by gones be by gones. smile

-Lisa

Or not. Let him wonder if there will someday be an unexpected repayment. Ironic that in helping create a game that you have always wanted to play, you feel that you are not allowed to play it the way that all of us can. That sucks.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Bob
Bringslite

A couple players killed me pretty early on, caught me low on health after fighting a small group of goblins or something. I don't think they actually took much from my husk, since I returned pretty quickly to find them gone and my husk still there containing roughly 25% less than I'd died with.

Tink once chased me through the mountains and I just barely got away by jumping off the cliff toward Thornkeep. I was actually carrying quite a bit of stuff from Marchmont to Thornkeep at the time and felt very lucky to get away.

I think both of those incidents happened before those characters joined the Bloodstone Swords, so I don't think anyone realized who they were attacking. Since then, I don't think I've been attacked, but then when I'm on it's usually with one of my GM characters, sadly.

I find being attacked while I am fighting NPC monsters usually pisses me off the most. I understand that RPKers want every advantage they can get. I want advantage every time I go after someone myself. Also I realize that while grinding mobs, I most likely have something worth looting on the character. Makes sense.

Those escapes while bearing too much to risk turning and fighting are pretty sweet. smile

When solo gathering, not recommended in a high pop game, one of my consumable slots is taken with speed pots of some kind. Motto: Don't be scared, just be prepared.

Ironically, one of the two times that I have been caught and killed while gathering was by Zycor. (Full Kudos to him) I deserved it, being unprepared and having helped hunt him down more times than he probably earned before that. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Lisa Stevens
Bringslite
Or not. Let him wonder if there will someday be an unexpected repayment. Ironic that in helping create a game that you have always wanted to play, you feel that you are not allowed to play it the way that all of us can. That sucks.

It is the tradeoff you make in order to work in the biz. But, yeah, it would be nice if I would be able to participate in group PVP. Early on, we had to make a decision to play as devs privately or publically. The debate raged long and hard, but the caveat is that if we revealed ourselves, there would be restrictions. I didn't want to have to do all this skullduggery to try to hide who I am (voice fonts for Mumble, etc.), so I sided with being open, but that had a cost.

One story that shows how hard it is to participate in PVP as a dev happened pretty early on. A large group of EOX was attacking a large group of EBA players up in the Ustie home hex back when it always had Heroes and Legends. I wanted to watch a PVP battle, so I logged into my GM account and teleported there just to watch the battle. At one point, the battle overran my position and I just stood there watching. A number of EOX characters got mowed down by focus fire from EBA, but the next day on the boards, I was accused of using some super GM power to kill the EOX players. Folks knew that my non-GM play was with Brighthaven at the time, so when bunch of EOX fell in rapid succession, the obvious answer was that I cheated for the EBA. From then on out, I have avoided PVP, relying on videos sent to me from the various factions in the Forever War to get an understanding about how PVP plays out.

-Lisa
Hobson Fiffledown
Those GM characters need an invisibutton to go with their teleport.
This space for rent.
Decius
Lisa Stevens
Bringslite

It is the tradeoff you make in order to work in the biz. But, yeah, it would be nice if I would be able to participate in group PVP. Early on, we had to make a decision to play as devs privately or publically. The debate raged long and hard, but the caveat is that if we revealed ourselves, there would be restrictions. I didn't want to have to do all this skullduggery to try to hide who I am (voice fonts for Mumble, etc.), so I sided with being open, but that had a cost.

One story that shows how hard it is to participate in PVP as a dev happened pretty early on. A large group of EOX was attacking a large group of EBA players up in the Ustie home hex back when it always had Heroes and Legends. I wanted to watch a PVP battle, so I logged into my GM account and teleported there just to watch the battle. At one point, the battle overran my position and I just stood there watching. A number of EOX characters got mowed down by focus fire from EBA, but the next day on the boards, I was accused of using some super GM power to kill the EOX players. Folks knew that my non-GM play was with Brighthaven at the time, so when bunch of EOX fell in rapid succession, the obvious answer was that I cheated for the EBA. From then on out, I have avoided PVP, relying on videos sent to me from the various factions in the Forever War to get an understanding about how PVP plays out.

-Lisa
Would there be any hard feelings if the Bloodstone Swords got feuded? Would that risk getting University Students in the crossfire?
Smitty
Pretty sure they were the first feuded company in the game!
Bringslite
Lisa Stevens
Bringslite

-Lisa

Yeah. I can totally see the position that you guys are in for all of that kind of stuff. Still it's a shame that you can't enjoy being part of sections of the ongoing story. You are like potential Gods in mortal flesh and things just get ruined if people think that you are influencing the doings of the mortal world. A regular character's life and experiences are just a little outside of player tolerance.

Maybe with NewCorp in charge and 50,000 subscribers you can try it in a more anonymous fashion someday. Def need a voice mod though. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Decius
Lisa Stevens
Bringslite

-Lisa
Would there be any hard feelings if the Bloodstone Swords got feuded? Would that risk getting University Students in the crossfire?

Do you mean would The Bloodstone Swords have hard feelings or the feuding company if it got beat? As a player, I would have no bad feelings if they did not use God Power. I would be able to trust their word…. I think so anyway.

Edit: Losing and battlefield chaos sometimes cause people to look for excuses.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Decius
Bringslite
Decius
Lisa Stevens
Bringslite

-Lisa

Do you mean would The Bloodstone Swords have hard feelings or the feuding company if it got beat? As a player, I would have no bad feelings if they did not use God Power. I would be able to trust their word…. I think so anyway.

Edit: Losing and battlefield chaos sometimes cause people to look for excuses.
I have a feeling that the Rhed Team wouldn't get their feelings hurt.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post