Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Some Questions to Spark Forum Activity

Seraph
I'm pretty happy with where escalations are with our current population. They seem to fairly match our investment – there's almost always something to do, but we don't have to rush and grind 6 hours on something as soon as it spawns or else it floods our territory.

As the population rises, tuning escalations back towards where they were before and then past that will be necessary, but I don't think scarcity is a problem right now.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Harad Navar
Seraph
As the population rises, tuning escalations back towards where they were before and then past that will be necessary, but I don't think scarcity is a problem right now.
+1
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Bringslite
For me the worst most unsatisfying things about escalations that spread are that: 1. they had to be dealt with swiftly, 2. non source hexes didn't give much more reward than random monster killing, 3. socially to ignore them was like having a really messy back yard that neighbors frowned at as it spreads to their area.

Unless I am mistaken, much of that is already or already planned to be addressed. In addition, I NOW WANT EVERY SINGLE T1 RECIPE THAT I CAN GET MY HANDS ON. What would really be great, as well, is if there were some expendable drops for doing the quests.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Limited spreading would be manageable at present (for example only to adjoining hexes and never to a hex that is also immediately adjoining an active settlement) but a return to the "good olde days" at a time when we have an even lower population than last time they were spreading would result in mayhem.
Bringslite
Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

@ Bob
Is there any reason to rank up utilities like Evade? Things that do a certain thing, no increased damage, are instant rather than duration, etc…
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Bringslite
Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

@ Bob
Is there any reason to rank up utilities like Evade? Things that do a certain thing, no increased damage, are instant rather than duration, etc…

I'm not 100% sure. Evasion does add 6 rounds of dodging, so it's possible that higher ranks make that last longer, but I don't see anything in the UI reflecting that change as I rank up and match more keywords. I've filed a bug to get that looked at, since it should clearly improve as you match more keywords.

For the moment, it's possible the only advantage to training higher ranks is the added Dexterity.
Bringslite
Thx Bob.

@ Anyone

What is the single most important mechanical concept(player created but not player controlled) that everything leads to, meaning everything that an organized group of players works toward in this game?

Please skip having fun and being part of a big long story. Skip getting all of the recipes and/or expendables that my or my group's characters need. Leave out "securing a dominant position on the map". All of those are part of the answer because they are all much more difficult(even impossible) without this one important thing. It is(to me and I'm not alone in this) the very CORE of everything that drives EVERYTHING and it was in the original design.

What is it?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Duffy Swiftshadow
There isn't really a single thing or system that solves those desires, but a whole pile of them that are somewhat related. The thing they all have in common though is that they resolve conflict in one way or another and at different levels of interaction. That's what makes things interesting versus a daily equivalent of capture the flag or deathmatch all the time.

Right now it's mostly just been our personal interactions with one another governing it: the few guys legit trying to be bandits, our 'local laws' and mercenary stuff, whoever is strip mining parts of the map for economic warfare, and the headbutting over escalations here and there. While some of that works out alright right now, some of it does not and some of it doesn't have very good alternatives to going down the route a lot of us feel is excessive to resolve some of these conflicts. So what we need is more of those systems in between, with appropriate balance and restrictions to make the interactions more interesting that they currently are and allow a few different levels of conflict resolution.
Bringslite
@ Duffy
Agreed. Nothing singular will solve all of that. Not even what I am referring to would, although I believe that what I feel is missing could help with the activity levels in the diplomacy and PVP fields. Probably in quite a few ways.

P.S. It's not being able to capture an active or inactive settlement. Nor is it the requirements to keep a settlement from being eligible for that.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Tigari
I said it a long time ago, and I'll say it again. Put in a basic use of Factions. I'm no programmer, but I don't think it would require new mechanics. Introduce 2, maybe 3 factions, and let players choose. Once you choose, you get an achievement progress bar, and do certain quests/ escilations. Once you reach rank X in said achievement, you can choose to "champion" said faction. Doing so would give you another achievement bar, and also put you in a permanent feed vs the other 2 factions.

The only part I'm unsure of, would or should settlement members of different factions show as red. I mean, settlements could have members of waring factionso in them, but the mechanics required for settlements to keep it under control would require more time, so maybe keep it easy, and make settlement members always blue.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post