Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Make PvP Great again! Ryan Dancey for President, 2016!

Midnight
smile
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
I miss slick salesmanship parting me from my money for fantasies of a better tomorrow. On the other hand, my retirement plan has grown since the layoffs, so that's a good thing. I'm going to need to afford even more gaming subscriptions when I'm too old to work. smile
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Tyncale
I miss the golden days of Blogs and Promises, and Ryan was an essential driver of that. I totally believed in what they were set out to accomplish. The problem is, I still do: the blogs still ring true for me. So yeah, my feelings are very ambivalent towards Ryan, and the way the project went down (but not under yet apparently).

Still 1 active account and 7 others on the backburner. Make it happen!
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
The Eternal Balance
Ryan Dancey should be flogged and never allowed to work again in the gaming industry again.

However, I agree with Tyncale and still believe in the vision for PFO that did not necessarily all come from Dancey.

Make it so #1!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Edam
Much of Ryan's big vision almost certainly came from his EVE experience and losec and null in EVE. Things like escalations are just EVE incursions reworked for example. The XP system is straight from EVE.

There are however large chunks of EVE (hisec and SOV null in particular) that were not ported across and the player base here is not the same as the player base in EVE.

Personally I feel there was nothing wrong with the original vision but there could have been a bit more flexibility and working with the game as it evolved and a bit less fixation on original design concepts that may not be panning out.

Regardless, it is important to remember without Ryan this game would not even be here and very few if any of us would actually have done a better job in his position. To use a sporting analogy - it is easy to criticize a major league football manager from the sidelines, its another thing entirely to actually be in that job.
Midnight
deleted. This post got rather specific, and it is not entirely fair nor particularly useful to fault someone who is not here to respond.

I don't regret comparing campaign promises to development promises in the earlier posts, but after a night's sleep, this post didn't feel entirely fair, and served no useful purpose, as neither the post, nor anyone's replies were likely to serve any useful purpose.

I was actually motivated to remove this by hearing Obama, today, quoting someone (Justice Stevens?) about "disagreeing without being disagreeable". Its a worthy goal in forums.
-Edmund Burke
Maxen
Then I'd suggest closing the post entirely. The original subject was obviously a political poke at a current presidential candidate's slogan and we have enough forum drama without dragging US politics in too. smile

……I am Maxen and I approve of this message. smile
Midnight
Maxen
……I am Maxen and I approve of this message. smile

nice.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post