Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Looking to Sell Account

Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite
It is wrong (IMO) to sell off leadership with an account for best offer, but it has been done before. As long as there are more than one leader in the Parent Company, total control(friendly style) is not much different than it was.

There is serious problem and weakness in the system, however, in that a hostile person gaining a leader spot in the parent company can destroy(or as close as the diff matters little) a settlement in less than 5 min.

Precisely my concern.

I mean aside from buying the account ourselves there is nothing we can do to prevent this very scenario. Let's face it if it is sold for best offer and we get outbid, then all our work as a settlement is at the mercy of some random person.

Anyone looking to get ahead or make a hostile takeover and has the money would find a settlement leader account invaluable. Really can't put a price tag on that sort of thing.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Bringslite
It is wrong (IMO) to sell off leadership with an account for best offer, but it has been done before. As long as there are more than one leader in the Parent Company, total control(friendly style) is not much different than it was.

There is serious problem and weakness in the system, however, in that a hostile person gaining a leader spot in the parent company can destroy(or as close as the diff matters little) a settlement in less than 5 min.

This is why I said I would inform Kenton Stone, before the transaction takes place. It would be great if someone that is already residing in Aragon would like to take over the account. Maybe Kenton knows someone that would be interested?

Being that my interests have moved well beyond PFO, and that so little movement within PFO has taken place, I don't really see my returning. But, if changes do come, then I'd certainly visit it if my account still remains.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite

Precisely my concern.

I mean aside from buying the account ourselves there is nothing we can do to prevent this very scenario. Let's face it if it is sold for best offer and we get outbid, then all our work as a settlement is at the mercy of some random person.

I would take your best offer over someone else's, even if their's was higher. Sure I'd like to get a fair price, or at least break even, but I'm not looking to make a profit. PM me on the Paizo forums (geez I can't believe we don't have that function here)with your best offer and I'll consider it.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Bringslite

This is why I said I would inform Kenton Stone, before the transaction takes place. It would be great if someone that is already residing in Aragon would like to take over the account. Maybe Kenton knows someone that would be interested?

Being that my interests have moved well beyond PFO, and that so little movement within PFO has taken place, I don't really see my returning. But, if changes do come, then I'd certainly visit it if my account still remains.

Well, perhaps what may work best then is talking with us first BEFORE putting the account on the open market. Give us a chance to respond and keep the settlement in house dude.

At least give us citizens of Aragon first dibs on making an offer on the thing before putting it up here.
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite

Precisely my concern.

I would take your best offer over someone else's, even if their's was higher. Sure I'd like to get a fair price, or at least break even, but I'm not looking to make a profit. PM me on the Paizo forums (geez I can't believe we don't have that function here)with your best offer and I'll consider it.

I see, I didn't see this at first.

Well, I don't have a paizo account though, I could make one I guess, but the faster way may be just to email me directly at hipstergothunicorn@yahoo.com

And yes this forum definitely needs some form of PM ability. Not sure why that isn't here.
Find us on PFO Discord
Abby something or other
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Bringslite
This is why I said I would inform Kenton Stone, before the transaction takes place.
Awww…so sweet. Your concern for us is sufficient to send an email that it's going to happen, but not sufficient to take a couple of minutes to log in and demote yourself. But then that would reduce the value of your account for sale wouldn't it? Touching.
Bringslite
Instead of alienating the seller, perhaps you should try and work with him toward a mutually positive end. Remember he has not been playing this game and probably didn't consider all the ramifications. Why should he? Obviously he does not like the game and has focused his free time elsewhere. Despite the fact that he wrote he would work with you, there is an uncontrollable kneejerk hostile reaction.

We do know that accounts with leadership toons have been sold before. We do know that PLAYERS contest and win(Land Rush or Capture) and start settlements. We know that PLAYERS promote others to LEADER (or this wouldn't be an issue at all). The system is weak in this area but it is a player driven problem mostly, I think for convenience of play. If Aragon's active leaders had not been given Leader spots by the original Leaders, there wouldn't be much to fuss over. As it is, at least there ARE LEADERS in Aragon promoted from a base of the original crew that won that spot.

I regularly disagree and argue with Bluddwolf. Always have. Still I believe he will work with you if you guys just be cool and work with him.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Harad Navar
Blood, I knew you had been absent, but I am sorry to see you go before we could kick but as monks. Blessings and Peace.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite
I regularly disagree and argue with Bluddwolf. Always have. Still I believe he will work with you if you guys just be cool and work with him.

People in Aragon got together internally and figured something out so things have fortunately panned out alright from what I was told.

Everything is fine, nothing is broken. smile
Find us on PFO Discord
Bringslite
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite

People in Aragon got together internally and figured something out so things have fortunately panned out alright from what I was told.

Everything is fine, nothing is broken. smile

Good. We do not want to lose our best chances to have pesky but likable rascals annoying us when we gather or move priceless items to and fro.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post