Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Account Sold

Schedim
Has Takasi dropped out?

Totally missed that …. Shouldn't it have been a great drama thread about that, did i just blank that out?
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bringslite
Paddy Fitzpatrick
You are a Troll
Wow, another account for Cal.

Cal = NeoTakasi?

That's a bit harsh dont ya think?

Pretty sure no one else is a vain, quick tempered, item duping arrogant douche quite like Takasi was.

Yeah these accounts getting gobbled up by ppl with phat stacks annoys the hell out of me too but come on we all know pulling a Takasi takes a lot more than just that.

That is a wee bit strong. I understand that your experience with him was not ideal, but over all he seems like a pretty good enough fellow. My theory is that he became a bit addicted to playing Big Man on Campus and always being the guy on the spot that had what anyone needed. He was generous, lol he could afford to be of course, and a pretty good guy just to chat with.

Now I don't appreciate much that he put the whole game at risk and hurt the HRC the way he did, but I think I can understand how things sometimes spiral out of control. Before you realize it, you maybe start to feel like you HAVE TO BE that guy who is always there with everything that everyone needs.

Anyway, we all make some silly moves as we wend our way through life.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Schedim
Has Takasi dropped out?

Totally missed that …. Shouldn't it have been a great drama thread about that, did i just blank that out?

News and Announcements
Paddy Fitzpatrick
@Bringslite

I guess you and i had two very different experiences then. He always acted like a pompous unreasonable rageaholic to me. The main reason i tried to hold my tongue (well, usually) was so that i didnt run the risk of messing things up during negotiations between Takasi and Aragonian leadership. His behaviors and reactions never seemed to fit the situation, as evidenced by his blowing more than a few gaskets over a few arguably incompetent bandits causing minor issues and publicly trying to dehumanize us after our curb stomping in tuat 15 v 3 if you recall. I have never seen someone get so enraged over a crushing victory before.

I dont mind being blasted into obvlivion and the esrth salted if we did something to actually deserve it but i think everyone involved can admit that was more than just a little excessive, lol.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Caldeathe Baequiannia
"Haagen" in that persona was generally a good friend to those he got along with, and is no doubt a human being, probably no more or less likely to make mistakes than many others. He dedicated a great deal of time, energy and money to the game, and took shortcuts he should not have that ended up hurting both him and others. The comparison struck me as tasteless and hurtful, but hardly more so than a few hundred other posts here or on Paizo, or in, for instance, publicly posted fan-fiction. I'm certain I'm as guilty as others of getting my nose out-of-joint over things I should have let pass with a lot less bad behviour. I am disinclined to grant much weight, though, to people who don't have the courage of their convictions. The opinions of "You are a Troll" aren't particularly interesting to me. I hope I never know who it actually is, since that would be far more hurtful.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Midnight
Bringslite
but I think I can understand how things sometimes spiral out of control. Before you realize it, you maybe start to feel like you HAVE TO BE that guy who is always there with everything that everyone needs.

If that is what happened, that sounds like it was driven by sheer arrogance and ego. The beauty of MMOs is that EVERYONE has needs/wants and EVERYONE gets to assist each other to meet those needs/wants. Having the humility to admit you can't always be there with everything everyone needs is essential to respectable social behavior.

Personally, I take deep umbrage at purposeful duping. It shows a total lack of respect for the publisher, for the players who devoted time to playing fairly, and for the players who make do with what they have (or even do without). The only bug I discovered in alpha testing was a duping bug; I reported it.

Any adult gamer who purposely dupes in an MMO has no respect for the community and is complete and utter scum. Such an individual is filth and deserves our worst wishes rather than some sort of understanding of their human frailty.

That's how I feel about duping in any MMO. I can't even express (without getting banned) my level
of antipathy towards a purposeful duper disrespecting THIS community . I held my tongue on the matter for over 2 months to cool down before I could even be *this* civil on the subject.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Drogon
Midnight
Bringslite
but I think I can understand how things sometimes spiral out of control. Before you realize it, you maybe start to feel like you HAVE TO BE that guy who is always there with everything that everyone needs.

If that is what happened, that sounds like it was driven by sheer arrogance and ego. The beauty of MMOs is that EVERYONE has needs/wants and EVERYONE gets to assist each other to meet those needs/wants. Having the humility to admit you can't always be there with everything everyone needs is essential to respectable social behavior.

Personally, I take deep umbrage at purposeful duping. It shows a total lack of respect for the publisher, for the players who devoted time to playing fairly, and for the players who make do with what they have (or even do without). The only bug I discovered in alpha testing was a duping bug; I reported it.

Any adult gamer who purposely dupes in an MMO has no respect for the community and is complete and utter scum. Such an individual is filth and deserves our worst wishes rather than some sort of understanding of their human frailty.

That's how I feel about duping in any MMO. I can't even express (without getting banned) my level
of antipathy towards a purposeful duper disrespecting THIS community . I held my tongue on the matter for over 2 months to cool down before I could even be *this* civil on the subject.

+1
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Midnight
Bringslite

Here here! I'll raise my glass to that!
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Midnight
Any adult gamer who purposely dupes in an MMO has no respect for the community and is complete and utter scum. Such an individual is filth and deserves our worst wishes rather than some sort of understanding of their human frailty..
People are entitled to their opinions, but those are some particularly strong opinions. Nature has spent about a billion years teaching life on earth that winning at any cost is the most successful strategy. Fortunately for us, we have the benefit of a few tens of thousands of years of civilization having taught us that we can cooperate and, in the aggregate, be a little better off than if we always put ourselves first.

Most of us are various degrees of angry/disappointed in the people who took advantage of the duping bug, but in my opinion, "utter scum" "filth," and "worst wishes" are terms better reserved for an entirely different category of people than someone who cheats at a game. No matter how badly the game got hurt, even if those two people's actions resulted in it's complete failure, few of us would end up dead, living in poverty, or psychologically scarred for life as a result.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bringslite
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Midnight
Any adult gamer who purposely dupes in an MMO has no respect for the community and is complete and utter scum. Such an individual is filth and deserves our worst wishes rather than some sort of understanding of their human frailty..
People are entitled to their opinions, but those are some particularly strong opinions. Nature has spent about a billion years teaching life on earth that winning at any cost is the most successful strategy. Fortunately for us, we have the benefit of a few tens of thousands of years of civilization having taught us that we can cooperate and, in the aggregate, be a little better off than if we always put ourselves first.

Most of us are various degrees of angry/disappointed in the people who took advantage of the duping bug, but in my opinion, "utter scum" "filth," and "worst wishes" are terms better reserved for an entirely different category of people than someone who cheats at a game. No matter how badly the game got hurt, even if those two people's actions resulted in it's complete failure, few of us would end up dead, living in poverty, or psychologically scarred for life as a result.

+1 Caldeathe

I threw away 1500 Ebon Root that was part of a trade to Takasi. It was a choice that I had to make, for myself and for the game, but I still would reserve such denouncements for really terrible persons, of which the world has plenty of examples.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post