Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Account Sold

Bringslite
Paddy,

My post was an exercise in exaggeration. It isn't meant to illustrate the gap between cheating when you are 6 years old and when you are 30 years old. Just an example of exaggeration of say the gap between cheating at an MMO and something like cheating on a spouse or taxes. You ruin your family or cheat(overall society). The gap between let's say cheating on an MMO and cheating on materials when you build a skyscraper and it collapses and kills hundreds.

What the person we knew as Haagen did was bad. In the context of the game here it was pretty bad. It really didn't end up affecting anyone outside of the HRC very badly at all though. If there is anyone out there that had and ongoing trade or something that resulted in an in game loss or losses because of his banning, fine I can see the desire or reason to be angry. Certainly though, for almost all of us it was nothing more than a passing event, in so far as how much we were really affected by it. So in reality,, for most of us, it certainly wasn't something on a scale that deserves Eternal Character Damnation.

Some of those examples are worthy of vilifying someone with such strong venom and some are not. At least in my opinion. Everyone gets an opinion. I'm just offering another point of view.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Ohhh,

Yeah I totally misread that then. My bad.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Tyncale
Duping like that could cause such harm to a game-economy that the devs have to reset the game. This is not received well by gamers, especially in a PvP game like PFO, that also heavily relies on resources.

A reset like this would certainly make it out on the internet, on gameforums and gameportals if the game was important enough to mention. This would definately hurt the game and possibly the Developers and company. In the end people could get fired and no shoes for their kids could be bought anymore.

I am dramatizing here off course, just saying that acts like that could have a bigger impact then you think.

PFO is still an unsuccesful niche game so not much harm is done.

On a sidenote, I have been hunting many Molochs in the past with HRC, including Takasi, and I have only fond memories of that time (when my Bow actually still did damage… ) smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Nails
I spent many hours hunting Usties with Takasi. Most of you know how exciting that is and we spent a lot of time on Mumble or TeamSpeak talking about all kinds of stuff including families, work, etc. he is a pretty average guy, he has a very good job and seems like a very devote family man. I would never consider using the harsh words that I have heard many say about him.

I gave him things in lieu of getting things back at a later time and that didn't happen. I don't agree with cheating in any way but you have to think of how much he lost in getting banned, he had spent thousands of hours and probably $10K + on all his accounts, only to lose them all because of his actions. I don't condone them in any way and I agree with what GW did, they had to ban him. He screwed up big time, and he literally paid for that mistake.

This is a game and thankfully, the nature of this game attracts more mature gamers than most MMO's and I appreciate you all. Many of us are in different groups and have different ways of playing the game but I enjoy playing PFO with all of you.

I look forward to adventuring with you sometime in the future.

Nails
Daer
Nails
I spent many hours hunting Usties with Takasi. Most of you know how exciting that is and we spent a lot of time on Mumble or TeamSpeak talking about all kinds of stuff including families, work, etc. he is a pretty average guy, he has a very good job and seems like a very devote family man. I would never consider using the harsh words that I have heard many say about him.

I gave him things in lieu of getting things back at a later time and that didn't happen. I don't agree with cheating in any way but you have to think of how much he lost in getting banned, he had spent thousands of hours and probably $10K + on all his accounts, only to lose them all because of his actions. I don't condone them in any way and I agree with what GW did, they had to ban him. He screwed up big time, and he literally paid for that mistake.

This is a game and thankfully, the nature of this game attracts more mature gamers than most MMO's and I appreciate you all. Many of us are in different groups and have different ways of playing the game but I enjoy playing PFO with all of you.

Nails

+1
Settlement Leader : Talonguard

Killing, Dying and Healing.. and can't figure out which I am doing at any time!
Huran
Nails

Nails

I have had the opportunity of gaming with him in person at PaizoCon and yeah he is a pretty good guy. It is a bad situation all around that his actions got him banned. While I don't agree with his actions, I don't condone the man as a person. GW did what they had to do and I agree with the outcome, but I am also saddened that the community lost a good person the day he was banned. Perhaps we will never know why he did the things that got him banned - I can almost guarantee he regrets his actions.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post