Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Too Late for 11.2 but...

Duffy Swiftshadow
On the one hand we want gear churn in a general sense that is higher than right now, on the other hand gear churn being the way to defeat an opponent within a short time period is pretty boring and unfun. Luckily that has been mitigated a good amount by the current respawn limitations, but I would say it's still a bit too easy to maintain an effort that can easily turn into to gear churn in an hour. I don't expect anything immediately but a combination of bit more limiting respawns (whether in general or under certain conditions) with more reasons to butt heads could mitigate a lot of the different complaints about how gear and dying works.

Losing a 'threaded' set of gear over a week from PvE and PvP encounters doesn't sound too bad, losing it in a day as a matter of 'that's how you win' feels pretty bad.
Bringslite
Meh, I am more interested in coin drains that make me want to acquire more. Lots of things get better when coin has value. If an insurance can be bought to "block" damage to a piece of gear at dirt nap time or cover an unthreaded piece of gear, but that cost is significant by power level, why not?

Is threading REALLY needed? I mean is it a good priority in a game that has so many things that need love/coding work? Of the top ten most important features that need finishing/improvement/overhaul is threading really one or are the fifty Other things/problems I can think of easily worth putting off for threading?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Thod-Theodum
About your suggestion - with threading I would agree. But I didn't see in your suggestion that this was a prerequisite.
Any change needs to be looked at in the context of implications for and by other existing and planned features. Any suggestion I make about future changes presumes that things we have been told will be included will be included approximately as described. Threading has been part of the PFO plan from day one. I'm not going to offer every crowdforging idea with a caveat that it assumes an attached list of intended features will be implemented as expected. The devs have to balance every change in light of its interaction with the rest of the system.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
If an insurance can be bought to "block" damage to a piece of gear at dirt nap time or cover an unthreaded piece of gear, but that cost is significant by power level, why not?
Exactly. There shouldn't be any difference to the system if resources leave the game in the form of cash or mats. Maintaining a healthy economy is the goal that will keep people interested, and the specifics of how that is done should have substantial flexibility. If there are too many matts in the game, insurance should be expensive. If there is too much cash in the game, insurance should be cheap.
Thod-Theodum
@Cal
I'm fully aware of threading and that is planned from day 1. This thread title is 'Too late for 11.2' - so it implies we discuss changes that should be done in the near future - not in the long future. I'm opposed to your suggestion if it comes ahead of threading - simple. I think it would penalize the new and weak,
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Thod-Theodum
This thread title is 'Too late for 11.2' - so it implies we discuss changes that should be done in the near future - not in the long future. I'm opposed to your suggestion if it comes ahead of threading - simple. I think it would penalize the new and weak,
I also talked about "enchanting" which is probably even further out. As I've said repeatedly, I'm opposed to making short-term changes to provide stop-gap corrections to things that are going to change later and will therefore have to be undone or modified again in the future.

I didn't introduce the idea of changing durability into this thread. Azure suggested a modification to destruction that involved a formula of percentages. I countered that with one that I think is better. It's perhaps unfortunate that it came up in this particular thread, but that's how forums work.
Duffy Swiftshadow
I dunno, scaling insurance reliably seems really difficult and can feel stupidly arbitrary in a player driven economy. Either way it's some form of 'paying' for gear, probably smarter to just use the easier solution of buying new gear and letting the market do it's thing.
Maxen
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Thod-Theodum
I didn't introduce the idea of changing durability into this thread. Azure suggested a modification to destruction that involved a formula of percentages. I countered that with one that I think is better. It's perhaps unfortunate that it came up in this particular thread, but that's how forums work.

Actually, I think it's my fau…..SQUIRREL!!!
Decius
"Insurance" in EvE is an ISK faucet- you get more ISK than the insurance cost. Since it costs less than what the equipment sold for, you're still worse off, but there's more ISK in the world after than there was before.

If it isn't a coin or gear faucet, or at least plugging a gear drain, nobody will use it.
Edam
Full insurance in EVE was a major problem as it removed the gear loss issue in suicide ganking. As a result you can now only now insure for a fraction of the ships worth and the insurance is invalid if you are tagged as criminal at teh time of the loss. There is also no insurance on modules and never has been just the hulls.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post