Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Crashes before loading

Silvonch
I just started my 15 day trial. There where no problems opening the game or creating a character (although it would be useful to have something move in the login screen to know it's fully loaded), but once I tried to enter the game and it started "loading terrein" it crashed. I tried 5 times and the same happened the 5 times. At first I thought that my computer may not fit the game requirements, so I came back to the website to look for them, but they are not anywhere. Then I thought maybe I could reduce the graphics quality before loading the game and it could work, but that doesn't seem to be an option here.

Now, after reporting that is my time to beg for mercy: can my trial be paused until I get the game to work on this computer or get a better computer? Pretty please? smile
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Until you hear back, have you tried

1) in the patcher, run the "reverify" button at the bottom left (Smaller white button beside the big green "Start Game" button)

2) uninstalling, then deleting the pathfinder folder from apps to clear all the preference files, then reinstalling?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Silvonch
I've used reverify a couple of times and nothing changed, I'll try reinstalling.

Thanks
Decius
Once you get things working, you should be able to sign up for a new trial. Can you post your system specs?
Silvonch
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Memory: 3.0 GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit

A bad video card, but it did got me through the first 3 batman arkham games after taking away some quality from the graphics and it has got no problem with ddo.
Azure_Zero
problem located:
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit

you need a 64-bit OS
Silvonch
Oh, thank you very much.
Bob
There is a workaround that allows the game to run on a 32-bit OS (it's not for the faint of heart), but I believe you also need at least 4GB of RAM, so I don't think that would work here. Although we don't publish system requirements, largely because computers are such moving targets in that regard, you're definitely less likely to run into problems with a 64-bit OS and 8GB of RAM.
Thod-Theodum
From my experience the memory is likely the killer.

4 GB does work - but can be sluggish if you don't have a graphics card with a lot of memory. 3GB AND Intel HD (which I think shares memory) will likely be a clear killer even if you manage to get it running on 32 bit.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Edam
Throw in an extra 1 GB ram, make the windows changes Bob talks about and then throw in a cheap discrete card and the game will be playable though not brilliant.

Throw in an extra 1Gb ram, upgrade to Win10 64 bit (tricky to do as it needs a wipe and reinstall but it is free) and throw in mid range discrete card and the game will play quite well.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post